• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ford Crown Vic Engine Noise

It is running just fine! No codes and no stumbles. I guess I'll pull each injector? Anyone know any tricks to removing a crown Vic valve cover without disassembling the whole car?
Add 1 quart of automatic trans fluid to oil run for 20 miles to clean push
rods if noise persists pull valve covers bad PCV Valve will clog inside engine
If noise goes away change oil immediately & check PCV Valve .

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

So I got the valve cover off. There's a plastic piece on the valve cover below where the pcv hose clips in. It broke off. I'm trying to source a valve cover. The plastic piece had fresh looking wear marks on it where it was flapping and knocking around in there on one of the cam lobes I believe. Does all this sound logical?

So I got the valve cover off. There's a plastic piece on the valve cover below where the pcv hose clips in. It broke off. I'm trying to source a valve cover. The plastic piece had fresh looking wear marks on it where it was flapping and knocking around in there on one of the cam lobes I believe. Does all this sound logical?
That certainly could be the issue. Go grab a valve cover at pull a part.

How many miles on the engine? Ford lifters love to tick after about 125k-150k, especially when engine temp is cold. Happened in every 4.6/5.4 I've owned. Solid engines, they just get "louder" over time. Mine seemed to go away with decent full synthetic oil.

I would get it diagnosed, but wouldn't necessarily panic over it.

Back
Top Bottom