• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ford F150 vs Ram 1500

spistols

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
310   0
Reaction score
I know a bajillion of you guys either have one for work or pleasure. I am looking for a Crew Cab (not Quad- want the back doors the same length as the front), and 4x4. Only exception is that I have a very bad sciatic nerve problem and need a VERY comfortable seat- anything that resembles a bucket seat with high bolsters (part that is up against your thighs), as in a sportscar, will not work.

Looking for a comfortable riding vehicle for 4-5 hour road trips and then capable of handling very snowy terrain. What are your unbiased, adult/mature, and rational opinions of either?

I had a 2015 ram 1500 ecodiesel, and now a 2500. Lots of my buddies have f150's. I found the ram to have a plusher interior and the seats felt better to me. I havent sat in a new f150 though so can comment on those 2018 seats. I got my wife a 2017 top of the line escape and I hate it. That thing beeps and dings and all kinds of electronic sounds. There's so many electronic nanny aids and gizmos in that thing we will never use. I hate knowing I paid a premium for features that they bundle that Ill never use. I can only imagine how much extra the self parking feature added in cost.

really if you can, try to rent each one for a few days to see if your back will tolerate either. Its hard to tell something like that on a short test drive. Besides features, that sounds like your choice will be based on comfort.

I like my F-150 Lariat crew cab
Yes bucket front seats but fully adjustable
Ford seems to have much larger rear seating compartment
Several of our guys drive Dodge company trucks they seem to love em

My F-250 was amazingly comfortable. After a day of driving I will never say that again. You really need to go get some seat time in the model you are most interested in.

Not looking for an F250 or 2500, etc. I have had my fillings fall out in those chassis without a load in the bed. F150 or 1500 is where I am comfortable in.

Not looking for an F250 or 2500, etc. I have had my fillings fall out in those chassis without a load in the bed. F150 or 1500 is where I am comfortable in.
The newer trucks, the interiors are the same or very similar.

Everyone's comfort level is different and since yours is medical related you have to get seat time to figure it out. Both trucks are awesome and will treat you well.

Not sure if you've looked into it but the same people who make the seats for the 3/4 and 1 ton trucks also produce the seats for the half tons. I am even willing to bet the foam padding is the exact same material.

Funny you say that because the seats in a GMC or Chevy 2500 are awesome, but are not the same feeling (to me) in a GMC or Chevy 1500.

The GM seats are no where close what they used to be. I sat in some of the new GM trucks when shopping for my Ford last year and the GMs didn't come close to the same comfort level.

The GM seats are no where close what they used to be. I sat in some of the new GM trucks when shopping for my Ford last year and the GMs didn't come close to the same comfort level.
Did you try a denali? The one i sat in was super plush feeling.

Back
Top Bottom