• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ford F150 vs Ram 1500

I prefer the F150's. They have their little quirks (little rattles, ticks, etc.) but have always been reliable for me. My 2016 hasn't exactly wowed me, but it hasn't disappointed either. It's fast as hell for a full size truck, gets decent gas mileage for a V8 (around 17+ mpg driving around Atlanta), came pretty well equipped even with a trim below Platinum/King Ranch, and has a **** ton of rear leg room.

I crossed 22,000 miles over the weekend and it already has a few interior rattles/pops when the temp is cold, but that's about it. The rattles seem to go away if the temp is above 50. The only issue I've had was my wipers got stuck on the lowest setting and wouldn't turn off, but I took it over to MOG Ford and they replaced the wiper switch under warranty.

It tows trailers like they're not even there. And the seat bolster is pretty minimal. I went from 150's to BMW's and back to 150's. Mainly because I hate riding so low and the BMW seats give me mild low back pain after hour and hours of driving. I've taken my current 150 to eastern NC, MS, FL (5-6 hours drives) and had no issues with comfort.

I looked at the Tundras, but went with the 150 due to the fact that a comparably equipped Tundra runs about $5,000 more + 7% tax on that extra $5k.

I wouldn't consider a Chevy or a Dodge because the ones I've had have been unreliable, and I'm still pissed about those a-holes taking our tax money for their bailouts.

To add to it, Tundra's and 150's are the only trucks that are fully assembled in the US. I don't care for union labor, but if I'm gonna have to pay $45k+ for a truck, I'd prefer it be one that at least was assembled in the US and not Mexico or Canada.
agreed

Go with the Ram. I've had four of them, and have loved every single one. You can pick up a new Express with the hemi, 8 speed tranny, 4x4 for about 33K before tax, tag, and title. If you're not planning on towing or hauling, get the Pentastar V6. I have it in my truck, a 2014 crew cab 2x4 and I'm averaging 22 mpg consistently.

They’re both nice but the used Rams seem to be much more pricey than the Fords.
I’m a big time Mopar guy but I have a lot of respect for Ford products and I think their trucks/ vans are more reliable than Dodge.
Although some year ford trucks are very easy to steal and highly desirable for thieves.

They’re both nice but the used Rams seem to be much more pricey than the Fords.
I’m a big time Mopar guy but I have a lot of respect for Ford products and I think their trucks/ vans are more reliable than Dodge.
Although some year ford trucks are very easy to steal and highly desirable for thieves.

****. I've read where thieves have already starting getting their hands on the aluminum body trucks.

There was an f150 theft ring in Atlanta back in 2014 or 15. And unrelated to that, they constantly catch the Mexicans stealing super duties for cartel use.

I don't get how Fords are getting stolen so easily...

****. I've read where thieves have already starting getting their hands on the aluminum body trucks.

There was an f150 theft ring in Atlanta back in 2014 or 15. And unrelated to that, they constantly catch the Mexicans stealing super duties for cartel use.

I don't get how Fords are getting stolen so easily...
They are super easy to steal... takes about 5 seconds to get in

Back
Top Bottom