• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Foreign Weapons and Obscure Builds

So I'm reading more and more on the VZ58 and have to wonder why it isnt more popular...doesnt look as good but as reliable as an AK but lighter weight ? What's the problem?
In Rob Ski's tests Czechpoint was less reliable than AK in Tornado test. Open receiver allowed sand in when BCG recoiled.

AK design was the standard in Wasaw Pact. Same as most trucks, APC, tanks.
VZ58 was originally designed for Czech 7.62x45 ammo, later redisigned for 7.62x39.

I’m trying to decide if I like this or not? What do y’all think? I’m not a big fan of the stock that came on my O-Pap so I did some research and found century makes a Warsaw type stock for the paps. So for $50 bucks i figured I’d try it and see. It fits nice and has a much better feel than the orignal stock. I can get a better sight picture and it also took some weight off. I’m going to try and stain it to match the hand guards but not sure where to start. Any ideas on that too?

Attachments

• F384BF77-477E-441D-BE7B-BF3FF261B86F.jpeg
    F384BF77-477E-441D-BE7B-BF3FF261B86F.jpeg
    66.9 KB · Views: 13
  • D315426E-89F4-410E-8D1F-513DA946BFF9.jpeg
    D315426E-89F4-410E-8D1F-513DA946BFF9.jpeg
    88.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 3DB5BBBC-ED4F-43EE-BE71-EDC602447716.jpeg
    3DB5BBBC-ED4F-43EE-BE71-EDC602447716.jpeg
    83.7 KB · Views: 13
In Rob Ski's tests Czechpoint was less reliable than AK in Tornado test. Open receiver allowed sand in when BCG recoiled.

VZ58 was originally designed for Czech 7.62x45 ammo, later redisigned for 7.62x39.
My understanding is that the koště prototype was developed specifically for x39 as a submachine gun.

Not sure I put much stock in that tornado test...my general use case is going to be at a range or on some wooded land.

Who knows I may end up not liking them. Just seems like a good design

I’m trying to decide if I like this or not? What do y’all think? I’m not a big fan of the stock that came on my O-Pap so I did some research and found century makes a Warsaw type stock for the paps. So for $50 bucks i figured I’d try it and see. It fits nice and has a much better feel than the orignal stock. I can get a better sight picture and it also took some weight off. I’m going to try and stain it to match the hand guards but not sure where to start. Any ideas on that too?
Why not get a new set of handguards from Centerfire Systems? They are like $10 and you get a pistol grip. Probably matches the stock better.

You should stain your deck first :grouphug:

I disliked the recoil on my vz2008 so I added a '74 style brake. Still didn't like it, moved to a fixed stock. Ahh, just right.

Only thing about the vz2008's you have to worry about is the "gremlin" where the trigger randomly doesn't reset after a shot. I think there were 3 generations maybe? Do a google search and there are serial numbers ranges that are generally considered gremlin-free.

Why not get a new set of handguards from Centerfire Systems? They are like $10 and you get a pistol grip. Probably matches the stock better.
I’ll look into that. That would be a lot easier!
You should stain your deck first :grouphug:
I’m starting that next week. Just finished it about two months ago and letting it dry out, it’s not going to be fun lol

Back
Top Bottom