Forget the proposal to add background checks to Trusts. It gets much WORSE

batoncolle

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
35   0
Reaction score
Top of page 14 says, "ATF does not propose to eliminate the CLEO certificate requirement at this time. Rather, ATF proposes extending the CLEO certificate requirement to responsible persons of a legal entity"

https://www.atf.gov/sites/default/files/assets/inside-atf/2013/082913-wash-machine-guns-destructive-devices-and-certain-other-firearms.pdf

The entire reason I went the trust route in the beginning was because my CLEO would not sign-off. Even though technically they are not supposed to approve you. They are simply supposed to deny you if there is a reason. But 1/2 these ignorant morons have no clue, and you either have to educate them or they refuse to even acknowledge you.

As usual we will just bend over and take it...

Not that it will make a hell of a lot of difference, but everyone who can provide an intelligent comment opposed to this ought to do so as soon as they open it up.

Not that it will make a hell of a lot of difference, but everyone who can provide an intelligent comment opposed to this ought to do so as soon as they open it up.

The only thing that will work is suing them. Remember when the rules to allow carry in national parks rules were changed? Some idiot liberal organization sued, and a judge blocked it. Then one representative or senator slipped some language in a credit card bill or something similar, and it was signed off.

Bottom line is every single one of our so called firearm rights organizations are useless so I doubt anyone will fight it. They take our money and act like they are fighting, but meanwhile our rights are taken away piece by piece.

Money talks, and that is the only thing that will get their attention. Personally the only firearms toys I buy these days are NFA items. I am in the market now for a Surefire 7.62 Mini, but if I am unable to find it before this goes into effect then I am done. The money spigot gets turned off forever... I will just enjoy and play with the toys I own now. I am simply not going through the hassle of begging some clueless moron of a CLEO to please sign-off on my Constitutional Rights.

its not like your trust is invalid, it just means you have to get people together and take a few photos and pay for them to do fingerprints. this is not the end of the world folks.

its not like your trust is invalid, it just means you have to get people together and take a few photos and pay for them to do fingerprints. this is not the end of the world folks.

AND you'll need CLEO sign offs for every one of them. The main reason people use the trust.

Please reread my first post. For some people it would be the end of the world for NFA items.

I wonder if the trust can come from an adress in a good CLEO district and then have that CLEO sign off since it doesn't have to be your CLEO, but the CLEO of the location the trust exists from.

Why should we have to ask "permission" to make a purchase? It is bad enough that we have to wait (currently) 9 months for the ATF to approve our form 1 or 4. And if you have a CLEO in your county that will not sign, what recourse do you have then?

Back
Top Bottom