Forget the proposal to add background checks to Trusts. It gets much WORSE

They are still in the comment period through Dec 9th.

I'd like to think the NRA is twisting arms behind closed doors, because otherwise I'm thinking this is a done deal. They aren't going to get anyone to come out in favor of making machine guns 'easier' to get within a few days before the Sandy Hook anniversary...

As for when it takes effect, it could be Dec 10th, but it'll probably take a little time to implement. Wouldn't be suprised if it was a Jan 1st thing though.

So if I want another SBR on my trust, I should pull the trigger now so to speak?

If you want to do anything, and can afford to pony up the tax now, I would recommed going ahead and doing it. E-file it with your trust and get it in the system now.

I am considering e-filing a SBR lower now just to have one as a back up already registered.

So if I want another SBR on my trust, I should pull the trigger now so to speak?

That was my thinking... Of course there's absolutely nothing saying that applications already filed are grandfathered under the old rules, but I'm hoping that it's a pretty safe assumption.

Back
Top Bottom