• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fork tube oil and seal replacement

The notion that "all mechanics are out to screw you" or that "you know more than they do" is pretty laughable.
I don't rember anyone saying "all." You're saying that you don't know more than a few mechanics who are incompetent fools and who care less about the customer's bike? Maybe you need to get out and actually talk to people who have experienced these thieves. It seems like your naivety is what's "pretty laughable."

Or maybe I am smart enough to pick reputable shops and not deal with crooks? With 21 motorcycles, I have had plenty of tuning and work done over the years... was I just lucky, or did I perhaps use my head in who I let wrench on my bikes? ;-)

Or maybe I am smart enough to pick reputable shops and not deal with crooks? With 21 motorcycles, I have had plenty of tuning and work done over the years... was I just lucky, or did I perhaps use my head in who I let wrench on my bikes? ;-)
Thanks for proving my point.

I don’t see how. Did you even make a point?

But by all means, YouTube and cheap Chinese tools was clearly the best advice for a noob on something as trivial as suspension work... lol
So you're saying that the OP is as incompetent as the mechanics that you avoid? Are you saying that he can't learn to maintain his own ride?

Out of curiosity Don, what do you ride and what's your bike background? Brand and style of riding?

By the look of your posting times, it appears as though you got out of bed this morning thinking about me. That looks bad. I'm not interested in providing you any information concerning my preferences, background, or any other personal information. If it's really that important to you, you have the capability of going through my posts starting at my join date and cobbling something together. I've already cluttered the op's thread enough with my off-topic comments. Be safe.

Back
Top Bottom