• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fork tube oil and seal replacement

I bought the bike used but the sprocket's teeth are starting to shark tooth. Just has a good bit of wear hardly any flat on the top of the gear tooth. Chain had a lot of play and required quite a bit of adjustment I cleaned a ton of gunk off that chain after I bought the bike it was caked with dirt and all kinds of stuff.

my reason for asking you, was to know your "credentials" on this topic.

Its been my experience that after asking their credentials/background, and getting nothing but smarmy hostile replies....you pretty much know the answer. We that wrench for a living call them "interweb insta-experts"....

You were spot on IMO. If your not pretty well versed at wrenching on cars and bikes, forks and suspension and such is a horrible place to start. But what do I know, I have only been doing it for a little over 30 years.

I bought the bike used but the sprocket's teeth are starting to shark tooth. Just has a good bit of wear hardly any flat on the top of the gear tooth. Chain had a lot of play and required quite a bit of adjustment I cleaned a ton of gunk off that chain after I bought the bike it was caked with dirt and all kinds of stuff.

Yeah, best to replace it and not have to worry about it.

If you ride enough Traxxion work is well worth the money. Otherwise just go OEM.by a qualified mechanic.

You know what they say about Assuming....i assume since its a 01 model and you are thinking the seals are going bad the less expensive route would be a wise choice....unless you are anal like most of us and get the best we cannot afford or you are the one finally riding her.

As mentioned above your riding style should dictate the decisions.

back when i was racing motocross i took my forks off and sent them to factory connection. they set me up with gold valves and whatever else it needed for my weight when i got em back they were really nice jumpin 100 ft they wouldnt bottom out anymore ! Not sure the difference in my forks and yours or if they even do streetbikes tho. you might could set the sag on your rear shock too while your tuning up your suspension.

If you want some good ole boys that will do you right that are just replacing/rebuilding you could call the guys at Cherokee Air & Fluid Power ( 7 926 7520 ) they do all kinds of hydraulics, pneumatics, welding you name it. they made me new hydralic lines for my bobcat while we stood there and shot the ****. im about to bring in the piston that lifts the bobcat arm up for a new seal to be put in. Not often to i trust others to work on things but these guys seem like straight shooters that no matter their job there gonna do it right, or not do it at all.

The good ole days !

wheelie_bremen.jpg
diamondbackstepup.jpg
supercross.jpg

If you ride enough Traxxion work is well worth the money. Otherwise just go OEM.by a qualified mechanic.

You know what they say about Assuming....i assume since its a 01 model and you are thinking the seals are going bad the less expensive route would be a wise choice....unless you are anal like most of us and get the best we cannot afford or you are the one finally riding her.

As mentioned above your riding style should dictate the decisions.

Yeah, Traxxion is good. I had an '07 FZ1 that I had tuned, exhaust, airbox mod, brakes upgraded, steering damper, etc... But it needed suspension work, so I took it to Traxxion.

They installed AK20's up front with springs for my weight, and a Penske 8983 race shock on the back, with ride height adjustment. Turned a "sport touring/naked sportbike" into a 140hp corner carver that was great in the Mtns and on race track.

Back
Top Bottom