Form 1 SBR -- registered, but want to change lower question....

Since he just posted a completed picture of the SBR I don't see that being a good idea. :becky:

OP, who cares what roll mark is on the lower. I have SBR Colt, Bushmaster, PSA, DPMS, and S&W and honestly I couldn't tell you which is which as I never look.

Nothing wrong with an Anderson roll mark on a SBR. It's still a SBR which makes it cooler than 99.9% of the rifles you will encounter day to day.

True that; thanks.

You could always strip the lower and put a quality LPK in the Anderson lower, if it has a little slop in the fitting to the upper I would stay away from the accuwedge and get either over sized take down pins, or they make pins with a spring/screw that tighten the fit.
Before throwing the lower to the wolves I would attempt to make it better. Could potentially be your upper too...

That's the great thing about AR's, you can change just about everything in them to meet your needs.

I have 2 Anderson stripped lowers on a Form 1 right now, and even if I just slap a junky PSA upper on it, its still an SBR, and still will work fine. I also have a Core 15 and DD, that are currently waiting on their Form 1's, and they'll be fine just the same. Nothing is wrong with the Anderson. Unless it explodes. Then hopefully Anderson will take care of you! Keep the SBR, get another, and another. Get it before July 13th! It's just money bro.

For what its worth my SBR'd lower is on an Anderson and while the upper to lower fit isn't as tight as my factory Colt I dont have any qualms with it at all.

You could always strip the lower and put a quality LPK in the Anderson lower, if it has a little slop in the fitting to the upper I would stay away from the accuwedge and get either over sized take down pins, or they make pins with a spring/screw that tighten the fit.
Before throwing the lower to the wolves I would attempt to make it better. Could potentially be your upper too...

That's the great thing about AR's, you can change just about everything in them to meet your needs.

I have a Spikes lower that the PSA upper fits tight as hell, you basically need a hammer and punch to get the pivot pin out. I got an Anderson lower and another upper. This had the wiggle. I swapped the uppers and its perfect now. Both are just right. Nice and tight fit. So maybe try a different upper too if you have one laying around.

OP, is there something wrong with the lower? or is it just the roll mark that bothers you

I have 3-4 uppers that I've tried on it and I still get the wiggle. I put the accu wedge in there and seems fine now. Why would you stay away from a wedge?

I have 3-4 uppers that I've tried on it and I still get the wiggle. I put the accu wedge in there and seems fine now. Why would you stay away from a wedge?
I remember hearing or reading that the wedge has potential to deteriorate during shooting. Which could lead to shrapnel of the wedge on the interior of the firearm. This may be from when they first came out, not sure on when I heard it. But I've since avoided them, and opt for finding uppers and lowers that fit together better.

Back
Top Bottom