• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Free 6.8 feed issue repairs

The gun wouldn't even chamber on the first try. Meaning using the charging handle. When I looked at the round on the ARP on first load the round was resting on the ejection port side of the bolt. Which means something was causing it to center in the bolt. Upon inspection you could visibly see something was causing it to stop before centering. Now when you took the bolt out you could see the ejector was sitting about the outer face of the bolt. Hence stopping the rounds from sliding all the way across the bolt face and allow the round to latch under the extractor and push down the ejector. The ejector sticking up was stopping the round in it's tracks and pushing the round into the chamber at an awkward angle and jamming. As soon as I used a die grinder and leveled the ejector and beveled it slightly it ran like a champ. The gun wouldn't even chamber the first round by hand. It was mostly happening on the ejection port side of the magazine. You can see where this would happen there more often. Now on the Daniel Defense the same problem existed. No feed from the right of the mag and short stroking stopping short of the chamber. That was the result of the extractor being to tight. After removing the o-ring and leveling the ejector all problems ceased and desisted. I have ran hundreds of rounds through without fault through two guns that wouldn't even chamber a round to begin with. Most want to attribute this to the magazines. My problems had nothing to do with mags. I can now run any magazine I want and have no issued what so ever. The ejector has to be at least level with or slighly lower than the outer bolt face or the round will never center in front of the bolt and allow the proper angle to feed. I am not the only one to encounter this issue. Look it up on 68 forums. It has been encountered many times before. I have since purchased a ejector removal tool and spare ejectors to remedy the problem if it arises again. You have to understand that if anything stops the round from sliding all the way across the bolt face it will stop and try to enter the chamber at an odd angle and stop in it tracks. The round would chamber sometimes from the left side of the magazine because it doesn't have to slide across from the right. It would simply push the ejector down and chamber. Only from the right when the rim of the cartridge would slam against the overly long ejector that the problem existed every time. Believe me it had nothing to do with gas ports, magazines, or buffers. If that was the problem the gun would at least chamber a single round and stop. The gun simply would not chamber with the charging handle from the get go. That eliminate gas, buffer and mag issues right off the bat. If the bullet wouldn't chamber and would not fire those problems can't be an issue. Period!

Are you saying that the ejectors actually extended above the face of the bolts?
You can tune the bullet ejection clock position with spring and buffer as well as slow down the cyclic rate and soften the hit but thats about it.
I'm going to have to disagree with you here. The buffer can have a significant impact on the function and cyclic reliability of the weapon.

Back
Top Bottom