• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Froglube

Oh, I should have mentioned that I Frog Lubed my 870 and the firearm got pretty cold over night. It must have mixed with a product that was already on it because it created a sticky goop that was a pain to get off.

I would be careful not to get it into the firing pin area. I had to completely break down the bolt/ pin mechanism, boil em and soak them in mineral spirits and scrub the crap out of them before I felt a crisp pin strike again...I think I read on the label somewhere about avoiding the pin area..doe..

Oh, I should have mentioned that I Frog Lubed my 870 and the firearm got pretty cold over night. It must have mixed with a product that was already on it because it created a sticky goop that was a pain to get off.

I would be careful not to get it into the firing pin area. I had to completely break down the bolt/ pin mechanism, boil em and soak them in mineral spirits and scrub the crap out of them before I felt a crisp pin strike again...I think I read on the label somewhere about avoiding the pin area..doe..

Did you strip everything off it before you applied the Frog lube?

Did you strip everything off it before you applied the Frog lube?

Nope.. I recall reading that it was ok to use / other clp's but that it would just take off the other product. I'm not sure what was used before I put the FL on but when the gun got cold it thickened up and never went back.. lesson learned, I still love the stuff

I just used it on a Kel Tec Sub 2000. Before I had some FTE but after froglube the gun ran perfectly and was much easier to clean. You have to follow the steps to treat it the first time out, clean all old stuff off and out. Heat it up well and apply. I just left my parts in front of a portable heater for 10 minutes, nice and hot and treated and then left them alone for 24 hours and wiped down. Will be doing the rest of my roscoes also.

I just treated my BPS, Maverick88, and my 700 last night. I did use some solvent to clean out the recievers, bolts and carriers, ect... then used the gel on a large patch and applied a thin coat. Also, lubed the action rails. The Maverick action smoothed out A LOT afterword. Felt completely broken in with only 20 rounds through it. The BPS felt smooth but it has 500+ more rounds through it so its well broken in too. I treated the bolt on the 700 plus the barrel and any other parkerizing I could get to. Won't be taking that out until next deer season. With the gel I didn't heat them up. I know it calls for it but I just wiped on and let everything sit for 10 minutes at room temp. and wiped off excess. Did the same with my P229. Seems to work fine.

Back
Top Bottom