• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

FS Road closures in Chattahoochee NF due to Rainbow Family Gathering

The economic impact/difference between Burning Man & the Rainbow Family of Living Light is as follows:

Burning Man actually gets permits to host their festival $250k-$750k per year from the federal government since they too are mostly in nat’l forests & parks. They in turn charge $250+ for admission to cover this expense. From what I understand they practice “Leave no trace” principles.

Rainbow Family: picks a different nat’l forest every year & squats for up to 2 months. The festival is for only a week but they begin to arrive 3 week’s before to set-up & leave 3 week’s after due to take down. Waste remains.

I have heard that Wally World Dahlonega is having a tough time with the shoplifting going on now which spiked on their arrival.
They’re not shoplifters they’re “Non-traditional shoppers”. ;) I drove through Dahlonega on friday and I saw no less than 7 GSP cruisers and several unmarked Black SUVs just on the bypass and a swarm of LEO at the Lumpkin Fire station on Hwy 52.

Friend of mine said the groups hiking down the AT to the gathering have left a ton of trash at Hawk Mtn shelter.

They’re not shoplifters they’re “Non-traditional shoppers”. ;) I drove through Dahlonega on friday and I saw no less than 7 GSP cruisers and several unmarked Black SUVs just on the bypass and a swarm of LEO at the Lumpkin Fire station on Hwy 52.

Friend of mine said the groups hiking down the AT to the gathering have left a ton of trash at Hawk Mtn shelter.

way more than that i can tell you and i believe thats where LEO have asked them to store the garbage. They actually have 3 or 4 dumpsters on hand they brought for trash pick up

Just make the area available for us to use as a range. They will hit the road easy peasy.

It pisses me off. Folks like most of us would get in trouble! A bunch of hippies....well, it's ok. Can't wait to see the trash they leave behind.

Yeah i hear its kinda like phage festival of old everybody gets drug geeked up and the orgy begans but in this day and time best keep a rain coat on your little buddy could catch something that scare the %$%% out of penicillin

Back
Top Bottom