• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Fuel prices jacked up again...

Atlanta never had expensive gas until QT and RaceTrack came in and bought the market, driving out the corner Chevron/Shell/Texaco/Crown/Hess independent jobbers who would have the famous gas wars. Once QT and RaceTrack had driven out the competition they were able to set the market price. Just take notice how once QT and RaceTrack go up, everybody else follows suit. I personally won't patronize either QT or RaceTrack because they "price fix" the market and if more people would buy elsewhere, we would have cheaper gas. It's absurd that gas prices now rise at least 10 cents a pop now instead of the incremental 1 or 2 cents it did in the past. Just my "2 cents"..

There is now a proposal in Alabama to raise the gas tax, so, it mostly a question of how much do you want to get screwed vs. if you want to get screwed these days. Expect that to continue as the financial health of the country continues to unwind, those with power will continue to squeeze the life out of the economy.

I don't understand our gov.....they claim that they need higher gas taxes because there are more people driving on the roads for new roads/repairs/etc.....okay.....that means that people are buying more gas and paying the gov more tax. Is it not all proportional.....the more people that buy gas the more tax money the gov gets for the roads, etc.????

OR hey a revolutionary thought here, why don't the gov do something that all of us common folks have to do daily.....BUDGET their tax money!!!.....instead of just increasing the taxes!!! Hey I would love to go to my boss and say "my house is too small for me now with the kids and all, so I'm increasing my pay to buy a bigger house." We all know how that discussion is going to end...........

Rant over.........Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom