• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

GA AR-15 manufacture

bandit6.0

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
2   0
Reaction score
Smith Tactical & Defense is located in talking rock Ga and have a full manufacturing facility for billet AR-15's, I got my hands on one to do a review for them and also had the chance to shoot my last 3-Gun match with it. So check out the video and let me know what you guys think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great video the two things for me that wouldn't work are the no forward assist on the upper and the larger diameter free float. Lower looks great. Machining looks awesome and like that trigger! Link to site?

no forward assist

For some reason that made me think about the whole forward assist debate again. So either it's irrelevant, or is there to compensate for a design flaw. I'm leaning towards a design flaw, or weakness inherent in the bolt locking strategy.

FALs and G3s don't need them, I've never heard of anyone complaining about the lack of them, and they are as well proven as any other serious military longarm. :bolt:

Was in the military, I don't consider it a design flaw at all, if you've fired a lot of rounds and the chamber is getting dry and gritty or you have a mag that has a bit more resistance it's just an added assurance tapping the forward assist to make sure the bolt is all the way forwarded. Simple and has a definite use/function. I realize some say "i don't need it" but for me it's a preference for sure.

My MPX doesn't have one and with new mags I have had a few instances where the bolt didn't go all the way forward and I was wishing I had a forward assist on it. I keep my guns cleaned and well lubed and run them wet but I wish it had a forward assist on it just for assurance purposes. If your trained with "SPORTS" then it just becomes natural to use it.

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160619_38d88133acde61dea197683c409b700b.jpg

Here's a picture of the hand guard as promised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom