• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

GA AR-15 manufacture

"So these guys want us to send some "respected member" of their group a rifle to destroy? This doesn't sound like a good idea. Aren't these the guys who have been giving you a hard time for the past few days? Tell em' YouTube is littered with people tearing up perfectly good firearms if that's what floats their boat. Every firearm has it's failure point. I think we'll stick to our controlled testing in the QC lab and our own back yard and mud puddles."

We would give it a good honest review and would not "torture test" it. We are also 07/02 SOT.

"So these guys want us to send some "respected member" of their group a rifle to destroy? This doesn't sound like a good idea. Aren't these the guys who have been giving you a hard time for the past few days? Tell em' YouTube is littered with people tearing up perfectly good firearms if that's what floats their boat. Every firearm has it's failure point. I think we'll stick to our controlled testing in the QC lab and our own back yard and mud puddles."
The so called destructive tests that are done simply for click value, are useless. A simple test fire of 500 - 1000 rounds, with a variety of ammunition, with and without a suppressor and with varying rates of fire, is all it would take to find any weaknesses in a gun.

Throwing it in a pond, burying it in sand, dragging behind a truck or blowing one up simply tells you that anything mechanical WILL break if it's abused. And that applies to any firearm.

Holy lack of answer, Batman!

:faint:

Also, what kind of market do you perceive is out there amongst "stamp holding individuals" for "full auto, suppressed SBR's?"

Patience sir, I'm sure that you will find in my reply to
Wallace's that some of the back story about us will address and expand on the "how" and "why" and "what" we do differently in order to innovate and deliver quality and value.

There exists a market for the full auto, suppressed, and SBR enthusiasts, and we are simply considering a series that caters to this group (LE has already been addressed in an earlier question/answer) by building rifles specifically designed for these purposes that will need little or no modification out of the box to perform superbly. We are currently in R&D for this out of necessity due to interest and inquiry. We are by no means committed to chasing this market at this point.

At this point we've put our rifles through our own QC and torture testing as a part of our R&D...and we continuously come up with new tests and protocol for said testing. We are currently working with a few mainstream "professional" gun review personalities and you can expect to see some of these reviews surfacing soon. But as far as lending out a rifle to be subjected to a "torture test"? I did inquire about this possibility after you asked and was turned down.
I can understand that. But the "respected members" I was referring to are 02/07 SOT and not some weekend warrior looking to destroy your rifle. By torture testing, I meant more along the lines of FA Fire, suppressed, different brands & quality of ammo, accuracy testing etc., I understand their hesitation, but these "respected members" are trusted in their professions/passion for firearms not only by myself, but the thousands of members that are on ODT. One rifle subjected to an unbiased test for a chance to increase sales for a GA builder, by GA buyers seemed like a reasonable request. If the company you represent isn't up for that challenge, I understand their position

I can understand that. But the "respected members" I was referring to are 02/07 SOT and not some weekend warrior looking to destroy your rifle. By torture testing, I meant more along the lines of FA Fire, suppressed, different brands & quality of ammo, accuracy testing etc., I understand their hesitation, but these "respected members" are trusted in their professions/passion for firearms not only by myself, but the thousands of members that are on ODT. One rifle subjected to an unbiased test for a chance to increase sales for a GA builder, by GA buyers seemed like a reasonable request. If the company you represent isn't up for that challenge, I understand their position

Understood. I (personally) can see the merits and benefit in what you describe. Understand that I am merely a representative for the company and do not have license to say or do anything that I desire at will. If you, and/or mtdawg169 would kindly send me via email or PM some sort of a list of these members and a link to any related and established body of work that exists, we will seriously look into and consider this.

Of course the marketing guy would take all the profanity and color out of the quote.

In regards to the proposed review....these guys would be tough but honest and fair. Just my 2cents

Understood. I (personally) can see the merits and benefit in what you describe. Understand that I am merely a representative for the company and do not have license to say or do anything that I desire at will. If you, and/or mtdawg169 would kindly send me via email or PM some sort of a list of these members and a link to any related and established body of work that exists, we will seriously look into and consider this.
I'd be happy to do it and provide the ammo to do so. But NWS is probably the better candidate, simply because he has access to FA and is as knowledgeable as anyone here. He knows his stuff.

I'd really like to see a technical analysis along with the live fire testing. Complete with an analysis of assembly, component quality, chamber gauged and gas port measured. If necessary, I could provide this portion after the live fire testing.

We are headed to the gun show in Dalton, GA tomorrow and Sunday. If any of you are headed that way, please do stop by and mention that you're on OTD, we'd love to meet you in real life and shake your hand! Have a great weekend all.

Back
Top Bottom