• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

GA AR-15 manufacture

I'd be happy to do it and provide the ammo to do so. But NWS is probably the better candidate, simply because he has access to FA and is as knowledgeable as anyone here. He knows his stuff.

I'd really like to see a technical analysis along with the live fire testing. Complete with an analysis of assembly, component quality, chamber gauged and gas port measured. If necessary, I could provide this portion after the live fire testing.
If I did it I would want you here for your knowledge and expertise. I'm just a dumb fat redneck who likes loud things. :thumb:

If I did it I would want you here for your knowledge and expertise. I'm just a dumb fat redneck who likes loud things. :thumb:

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160624_78823bfef7dc06db41d725c2819ac6dd.jpg

I'm sure we can work that out. Would you have close access to a bench and vise?

I cant believe I stayed up last night and read this whole thing...

They seem like some nice rifles and I always like to know some back story on a manufacturer. Just in case I encounter one in the field. Though admittedly these things are out of my price range.

Once again, I hope a lesson was learned. These guys have very little tolerance for pitch men. Its like you cant go anywhere without seeing the crap. Internet adds pretending to be news storys, celebrity endorsements everywhere, some guy just pops up in a forum and says "Hey, you don't know me but I know what you need!"
You might have a great product but you gotta build some credibility around here otherewise your not trusted anymore than a traveling snakeoil salesman...with a badass rifle though, granted

Sent from my LGL16C using Tapatalk

Happy to report that the gun show in Dalton was a great success. We actually had a forum member from here...there to merely help a friend out to work on an AR 15 build...by helping him to shop for parts...actually stopped by and introduced himself. Although he was not in the market for himself...he ended up purchasing one of our billet Prestige Series rifles. I anxiously await his input here on this forum!

Happy to report that the gun show in Dalton was a great success. We actually had a forum member from here...there to merely help a friend out to work on an AR 15 build...by helping him to shop for parts...actually stopped by and introduced himself. Although he was not in the market for himself...he ended up purchasing one of our billet Prestige Series rifles. I anxiously await his input here on this forum!

That's awesome! Wish I could have made it over there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey fellow ODT users, this is Daniel. Not many of you know who I am because I rarely post on this forum, except to sell an occasional ATV or other stuff. I quick background snapshot on me, just retired from the Army in November 2015, and now work as a Corporate Recruiter for one of the largest protective service companies in the world. Last week I was browsing through ODT and checking the classifieds for gun parts for my buddy who is building his first AR15. I came across this post about a business creating a new line of AR's and started reading about it. When I was done reading this posting and saw that there was a gun show in Dalton GA, I decided to take my buddy there on Sunday to shop around for AR parts, and check out these new weapons by Smith Tactical & Defense and meet the creators.

After browsing around the vendors once we arrived Sunday, I finally found the Smith Tactical & Defense table. I introduced myself and explained how I lurk on ODT and had read about this new AR. James started explaining the company to me, and went on to describe the process in which these rifles are produced. I was handed one, and immediately blown away on the craftsmanship and weight. I read on here that these rifles couldn't possibly be as light as the company was claiming, but I must say, they are truly light weight. The rifles feels solid, and well made. There was zero movement around the entire piece after I started twisting and shaking it. Mind you, I am in no way affiliated with this company, or have I ever met these folks until yesterday, so I went there with an open mind. After discussing all the specs in full detail with James, and Brian the owner, I felt like they really knew what they were doing when they created this new line. I had no intention of buying a new firearm that day, but decided to pull the trigger on one of these rifles. Speaking of trigger, I must say the trigger felt great on this weapon. So ladies and gentlemen, I am officially a Smith Tactical & Defense rifle owner. I will offer more feedback once I mount an optic and take it to the range. I was also offered a tour of the facility to watch the process. I want to thank Brian, James, and the crew for creating a beautiful firearm that they are proud of. I am excited to see what this bad boy can do. Feel free to message me with any questions folks.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    62.6 KB · Views: 68
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    56 KB · Views: 68
Back
Top Bottom