• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

GA AR-15 manufacture

I heard that as well....
I'm saying you like smacking on big bones

FB_IMG_1463097962047.jpg

would you be opposed to lending a rifle to one of the well known members and allow them to run your rifle through some torture testing to see how it holds up in comparison to your claims?

At this point we've put our rifles through our own QC and torture testing as a part of our R&D...and we continuously come up with new tests and protocol for said testing. We are currently working with a few mainstream "professional" gun review personalities and you can expect to see some of these reviews surfacing soon. But as far as lending out a rifle to be subjected to a "torture test"? I did inquire about this possibility after you asked and was turned down.

At this point we've put our rifles through our own QC and torture testing as a part of our R&D...and we continuously come up with new tests and protocol for said testing. We are currently working with a few mainstream "professional" gun review personalities and you can expect to see some of these reviews surfacing soon. But as far as lending out a rifle to be subjected to a "torture test"? I did inquire about this possibility after you asked and was turned down.

Lol :lol: Can we get a direct quote of said turn down?

Bingo. This is why I asked about port sizes. Please accept this as constructive criticism. Too many manufacturers are building guns for the lowest common denominator, instead of making guns based on a higher standard criteria. The standard should be based on compatibility with suppressors, full auto reliability, with "duty" ammo. Building a gun based on the idea that it should run any ammo (primarily steel) is a recipe for an overgassed consumer grade rifle.

Now, with that being said, if your customer was running a standard carbine buffer, his gun was simply not set up correctly for suppressed shooting.

ETA: adjustable gas blocks are the current rage. But it is my opinion that if you need one to get reliable function, then it's a barrel / gas port problem and all you're doing is putting a band aid on the issue. Build the gun correctly, so it isn't needed in the first place.

I wanted to dive back into this with you for a minute to bring up a few points. Words like "standard" and "duty" evoke a specific image and an ideal that each and every specific rifle is manufactured with one type of end-user in mind, be that the hunter, the long range competitor, or maybe LE or military. While we do build custom rifles for those that want to modify or enhance our core product, what we manufacture is just that, a core product. The "standard" becomes much broader and less specific when you are building a "production" product. As such it MUST be the best possible product for the widest range of possible scenarios and end-users. This is no easy target to hit and the struggle to deliver a high quality product that delivers real value to a vast audience is a constant challenge.

As I type this we are considering a product line for those stamp holding individuals who are in the market for full auto, suppressed SBRs. There are other product lines or "series" that will soon be available for different and smaller niche markets than the overall general populace...many of whom (general populace) are individuals seeking only to own an AR for the sake of having one. Our first two series are production rifles - with our billet series being the one manufactured for the individuals who are more specifically aware of their own standard and purpose for the rifle. We absolutely build these rifles because we love the platform and it is truly exciting to face the challenges each day of being in the business. At the end of the day though, we are a business and we answer to all of the things that we have to in order to insure our success and longevity in this industry.

Lol :lol: Can we get a direct quote of said turn down?

"So these guys want us to send some "respected member" of their group a rifle to destroy? This doesn't sound like a good idea. Aren't these the guys who have been giving you a hard time for the past few days? Tell em' YouTube is littered with people tearing up perfectly good firearms if that's what floats their boat. Every firearm has it's failure point. I think we'll stick to our controlled testing in the QC lab and our own back yard and mud puddles."

I wanted to dive back into this with you for a minute to bring up a few points. Words like "standard" and "duty" evoke a specific image and an ideal that each and every specific rifle is manufactured with one type of end-user in mind, be that the hunter, the long range competitor, or maybe LE or military. While we do build custom rifles for those that want to modify or enhance our core product, what we manufacture is just that, a core product. The "standard" becomes much broader and less specific when you are building a "production" product. As such it MUST be the best possible product for the widest range of possible scenarios and end-users. This is no easy target to hit and the struggle to deliver a high quality product that delivers real value to a vast audience is a constant challenge.

As I type this we are considering a product line for those stamp holding individuals who are in the market for full auto, suppressed SBRs. There are other product lines or "series" that will soon be available for different and smaller niche markets than the overall general populace...many of whom (general populace) are individuals seeking only to own an AR for the sake of having one. Our first two series are production rifles - with our billet series being the one manufactured for the individuals who are more specifically aware of their own standard and purpose for the rifle. We absolutely build these rifles because we love the platform and it is truly exciting to face the challenges each day of being in the business. At the end of the day though, we are a business and we answer to all of the things that we have to in order to insure our success and longevity in this industry.
Holy lack of answer, Batman!

:faint:

Also, what kind of market do you perceive is out there amongst "stamp holding individuals" for "full auto, suppressed SBR's?"

Lastly, well played with "whom vs. who" Whatever else you may or may not be, you do write well. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom