• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Game Check Report Dec 14

Does anyone know what the totals have been the past two or three years? I may be wrong but there was a time when the harvest totals were somewhere between 300,000 and 400,000. We aren't going to make that this year. Heck we won't hit 200,000.
I think this year has been a bust for alot of people, between odd weather in a lot places during peak rut causing deer to be more active at night, the hurricane coming through and messing up deer camps and making deer change routes due to fallen trees and such, rising number of yotes in the state contributing to a lower population of deer. This year in my opinion has been a tough year for hunting compared to last year, atleast on our property, still seen good deer just had to move stands around alot after that storm during bow season.

I think they get there part,but trigger fingers are to blame also.
that's very true, I like my ability to shoot many deer a year legally but I believe the legal amount buck size needs to change. 4 does 2 bucks 1 with the current 4 on one side and the other no smaller than a 6. Just my opinion though.

that's very true, I like my ability to shoot many deer a year legally but I believe the legal amount buck size needs to change. 4 does 2 bucks 1 with the current 4 on one side and the other no smaller than a 6. Just my opinion though.
2 does and 1 8 point for the season and no I dont want to hear about first deer,let their first deer be an 8.

Back
Top Bottom