• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Garland Mountain Burns Down

rumrunner55

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
106   0
Reaction score
Apparently Garland Mountain caught fire overnight, seems kinda sus to me with all the angry new neighbors hope they get back up quickly its such a great place to go

I saw that this morning. I love that place! We've been there many times and even a few times just for brunch. Love the atmosphere and views. I hope they rebuild quickly and keep the same motif!

Well **** really hate to hear that, had plans to head up there next weekend. Hope they can get back up and running and stay around a long time.

Not to fear guys…. copied this from GM's FaceBook page….

This morning, at 4:30 AM, I received a call from the Cherokee Fire Department, alerting me to the fact that our lodge was in flames. The hour-long drive to Garland Mountain was agonizing and as I approached the lodge, the extent of the devastation became painfully evident - the lodge had been completely destroyed by the fire, resulting in an irreparable loss.

We want to convey our heartfelt appreciation to the countless individuals who have extended their support and comfort during this challenging period. It means a great deal to receive such kind words of comfort and encouragement from our friends and the community.

Though the lodge is lost, the rest of the property remains untouched. Our courses are fully operational, and we are aiming to establish a temporary structure soon to continue our sporting clays activities.

While the road ahead is sure to be full of challenges, we are committed to rebuilding and emerging stronger and better than ever.

Warm regards,
Jack and the Garland team.

There's nothing better than getting paid to look out the window....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not to fear guys…. copied this from GM's FaceBook page….

This morning, at 4:30 AM, I received a call from the Cherokee Fire Department, alerting me to the fact that our lodge was in flames. The hour-long drive to Garland Mountain was agonizing and as I approached the lodge, the extent of the devastation became painfully evident - the lodge had been completely destroyed by the fire, resulting in an irreparable loss.

We want to convey our heartfelt appreciation to the countless individuals who have extended their support and comfort during this challenging period. It means a great deal to receive such kind words of comfort and encouragement from our friends and the community.

Though the lodge is lost, the rest of the property remains untouched. Our courses are fully operational, and we are aiming to establish a temporary structure soon to continue our sporting clays activities.

While the road ahead is sure to be full of challenges, we are committed to rebuilding and emerging stronger and better than ever.

Warm regards,
Jack and the Garland team.

There's nothing better than getting paid to look out the window....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Glad to hear that! We were planning a day up there soon good to know theyre ready to hit the ground running

Back
Top Bottom