• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gas or electric stove

I like that it also comes with the side mats to protect the gap on each side of the stove.
I had that on my electric, helped a lot! That's something I was gonna miss bc I didn't think there were any that were heat proof for gas. Glad to see I get to keep them!

On another note, I leveled the stove with a tape measure at all 4 corners. But I could see the bacon grease was all pooled at the front. So I'm gonna have to raise the front of the stove a bit.

I had that on my electric, helped a lot! That's something I was gonna miss bc I didn't think there were any that were heat proof for gas. Glad to see I get to keep them!

On another note, I leveled the stove with a tape measure at all 4 corners. But I could see the bacon grease was all pooled at the front. So I'm gonna have to raise the front of the stove a bit.
The center burner I use for Pancakes

I've had both over the years, and for the cooktop I definitely prefer gas. For a normal oven I think electric is slightly better, but it sure will raise your electric bill if you use it a lot.

A gas cooktop and oven with a convection feature would probably be the way I'd go if I was buying a new one today, but that's mainly because the gas line is already there. I don't know if I would have a new one installed if I already had electric.

I've had both over the years, and for the cooktop I definitely prefer gas. For a normal oven I think electric is slightly better, but it sure will raise your electric bill if you use it a lot.

A gas cooktop and oven with a convection feature would probably be the way I'd go if I was buying a new one today.
I don't use the oven a whole lot but I'm curious if I'll see a slight drop in the electric bill.

Looks like cleanup might be a little more involved due to having to remove the grates...but I like cooking on this better than the electric! I'll have to learn a little more as I go.

I really like the lighting and the glass...much easier to see inside the oven instead of having to open the oven door to take a peek!

Cooked some bacon and eggs, baked some biscuits that turned out great! I kept the bacon grease and fried up my homemade brined sausages (think corned beef but with pork) and some Johnsonville cheddar brats. Really digging it so far.

View attachment 7046668View attachment 7046671View attachment 7046672View attachment 7046673View attachment 7046675
Burgers are also great cooked on the griddle,when you do the cheesesteak brats again put me down for 10 pks

I've only ever had electric. But I've been thinking a lot lately that I might rather have gas.

The house is set up for gas, we have a gas fireplace we use. But the previous owner installed an electric stove.

I'd like the thoughts and opinions of those of you who have gas stoves and especially from those of you who have used both.

Are the ovens gas as well? I would assume electric.

Thanks in advance!
IMHO gas, all the way. Cooks faster…. Food tastes better, I think!

Get a mat!!! When I purchased mine I looked on line and ordered a one piece mat, with the mat around the burners it's easy to clean..Just pick up the grates take mat to the sink and clean...Easy Peasy
Got one of those this time around. Already saved some cleaning. As for the self clean feature, I killed a Jenn Air wall oven once that way, melted the power cord and the control panel.

Back
Top Bottom