• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gas Prices

what I want to know is why during a major spike in prices, Mid grade and Premium always seem to double the difference between the grades and then NEVER come back down. It used to be a nickel difference between the grades, then it was .10, then .20, and finally .30 difference. For instance, at some point I was paying 2.40 for premium when regular was 2.00. Regular spiked to 4.00 and premium went to 4.80 but then when regular finally went back down to 2.00 premium remained at .80 more at 2.80
Back when I bought my vehicles that require Premium it wasn't a big deal, now the diff just pisses me off.
I guess I know the answer. Because they can...

I skrewed up and wasn't paying attention at a pump last week. Regular was 2.42, premium was 3.42. The road sign didn't say premium, so I assumed the .40 bump and got screwed. When the mind is weak, the wallet suffers.

During this time of year they switch to "winter blend" and for the short period of time when the transition happens prices go up a little then get back to normal once the new blend fills the pipes. Same scenario happens in the summer.
This could be one of the reasons.

heard a rumor the refineries were doing maintenance that was disrupted because of the hurricans.Calling BS they just gouging

$65.66 a barrel right now. That's why.

And yet they still have a glut of it. I think the skyrocketing stock market is pulling the price up.

Back
Top Bottom