• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

All of you Selling Knives with Prices above $200 bucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same can be said for Glocks, trucks, fud's turdy turdy, braceless pistols......

43316335.jpg

Dont go off half cocked. You just have no idea what it takes to MAKE a knife. The true knifesmiths do it from start to finish,Carl Rex is one of the best. I am only putting handles on some blade blanks,pretty,functional and yes cheap. But dont take anything away from the ones that are true bladesmiths. I will never be where they are at and I learn something each time. every day is a school day in the knife world. But I do thank you for the kind words.

I just felt like putting this here. It is in the pasture, anyway, so not calling any of you!
Your expensive knife is not better and not even more beautiful than all BIKER13's $40 buck knives (I have them and will buy more). 😍 😍 😍 😍

Whatever the "tech" ending of the knife brand you have.
Get ‘em while they’re still reasonable. Won’t find many $200 cheapies too much longer.

You know your a bladesmith when you drop a blade and it shatters into half dozen pieces and you just burnt
one of you fingers or you just dipped your blade into the oil from the heat treat. AS you dip it you say to your self i wonder if its to hot then you bring it out and it has a slight bend in it. After a few choice words you start the process of straighten out the blade if your lucky.After it cools off you turn the belt grinder on start to shape the blade. Maybe after half hour or so your happy with the shape. Then you start the polish process and when your happy with that comes the handle,maybe 2 or 3 hours to finish the handle. Then comes the sheath there another hour or so depending on the bladesmiths taste. Then its finished you set back and admire what you have just completed and it was day or maybe two since you started. And you sell it for 40 or 50 dollars and you take pride in the finished product. Not to mention how tired you are. The guys that make knives like this with out million dollar machines are turly BLADESMITHS (made in America)-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom