• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gator Bowl

I have been watching UGA football for 40 years, This was by far the worst game I have ever seen them play, Congrats corn holers, Uh,, I mean huskers

Dude, let it go!
As any old football coach would tell you: "Act like you been there before."
Cut him some slack. Nebraska didn't come even remotely close to beating a single ranked team all year so being essentilly given a whopping 5 point win over an 8-4 #22 UGA is a pretty big freaking deal!

[h=4]Team Stat Comparison[/h]

NEB

UGA
1st Downs1422
Total Yards307416
Passing163320
Rushing14496
Penalties6-507-42
3rd Down Conversions4-137-19
4th Down Conversions0-02-4
Turnovers12
Possession26:3633:24

This was pretty good too. All talk, lol.

Bulldogs do their share of woofing in the secondary

Two Bulldog defensive backs spent much of their time trying to get in the heads of Nebraska's receivers.

Georgia junior strong safety Corey Moore and freshman cornerback Shaq Wiggins were the most demonstrative of the Bulldogs' defenders, and their words could easily be heard by those on the sidelines.

For instance, Moore, who was starting in place of suspended sophomore Josh Harvey-Clemons, took a little more credit than he should have following an incomplete pass to Nebraska wide receiver Quincy Enunwa that sailed high and out of bounds.

“That stuff ain't gonna go this way!” Moore barked twice. Enunwa didn't acknowledge him.

Wiggins did his share of verbal sniping at Enunwa, Kenny Bell and other Huskers who roamed into the Georgia secondary. After thinking he had broken up a pass, Wiggins stayed on his knees and made several hand gestures.

The only problem? Wiggins was called for holding on the play and the Huskers were awarded a first down.

Both Bulldog defenders also had a role in Nebraska's 99-yard touchdown pass from Tommy Armstrong to Enunwa in the third quarter. Enunwa ran through Moore's attempted tackle, and Wiggins was the player Enunwa blew by to get open for the score.

Two Bulldog defensive backs spent much of their time trying to get in the heads of Nebraska's receivers.

Georgia junior strong safety Corey Moore and freshman cornerback Shaq Wiggins were the most demonstrative of the Bulldogs' defenders, and their words could easily be heard by those on the sidelines.

For instance, Moore, who was starting in place of suspended sophomore Josh Harvey-Clemons, took a little more credit than he should have following an incomplete pass to Nebraska wide receiver Quincy Enunwa that sailed high and out of bounds.

“That stuff ain't gonna go this way!” Moore barked twice. Enunwa didn't acknowledge him.

Wiggins did his share of verbal sniping at Enunwa, Kenny Bell and other Huskers who roamed into the Georgia secondary. After thinking he had broken up a pass, Wiggins stayed on his knees and made several hand gestures.

The only problem? Wiggins was called for holding on the play and the Huskers were awarded a first down.

Both Bulldog defenders also had a role in Nebraska's 99-yard touchdown pass from Tommy Armstrong to Enunwa in the third quarter. Enunwa ran through Moore's attempted tackle, and Wiggins was the player Enunwa blew by to get open for the score.

Agreed, I hate, HATE all the smack talk and posturing after every play, HATE IT ! Shut the heck up and play football!

Agreed, I hate, HATE all the smack talk and posturing after every play, HATE IT ! Shut the heck up and play football!

I blame the coaches for that. LSU has a bunch of thugs and Miles at least gives tacit approval of it if not outright endorses it. Idiotic. There apparently are VERY few players that are content to their abilities do the 'talking'.

Back
Top Bottom