• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

gator hunt decline

Bringing out of state hunters in is a moneymaker. I bet some of these folks don't join Ga clubs and only hunt Ga during quota hunts.
Nonresident licenses, motel rooms when not on an island hunt, food, shopping in general.

Some folks also bank their points and hunt other states or their own state while accumulating them.
Our hunting group does the same things. We bank WMA quota points and focus on NWR or other WMA non-quota hunts while points accumulate. If you find enough place to apply and hunt at, you can ensure yourself a quota hunt almost every year.
I put apps in for hunts as far as Shelby TN. I'm still building points for that one.

I`ve been drawn twice in GA for gators. Only complaint is that the area around Valdosta is almost ALL private land. These folks take care of nuisance gators before they get to be a nuisance. Nuff said. Then there is the state park there. Illegal to hunt gators there,but recently hired a trapper to get the big`uns out. I`ll add some more rant. Last year I was turned down for deer on Coosawattee. I know 4 guys who got drawn for BOTH hunts. I didn`t draw one. What gives?

Back
Top Bottom