• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Geez Louise car markups have gotten insane

30K markup?

Attachments

• Ray Liotta laugh.gif
    Ray Liotta laugh.gif
    336.9 KB · Views: 3
$80k for a damned Bronco? You a natural born moron if you pay $80k for a damned Bronco.
That's an " Addendum Sticker" that dealers add over to the side of the " Moronie Sticker" or factory sticker. Local Jeep dealer does it all the time especially when they add homo accessories to 4 door Wranglers.
I still remember the first time I saw such a sticker. It was at Five Star Dodge in Macon around 90/91. Back then the Dodge Stealth was in demand and hard to get. ( Little did we know. What a POS!) Anyway the first Stealth I saw in person was at Five Star. In fact they had two sitting there. And their hand written addendum sticker said and I quote
" Limited Availability Fee. $2,000.00" on top of the MSRP. Whoever paid that was an idiot.

Then again I still remember New Beetles and PT Cruisers selling for full sticker +...

That's an " Addendum Sticker" that dealers add over to the side of the " Moronie Sticker" or factory sticker. Local Jeep dealer does it all the time especially when they add homo accessories to 4 door Wranglers.
I still remember the first time I saw such a sticker. It was at Five Star Dodge in Macon around 90/91. Back then the Dodge Stealth was in demand and hard to get. ( Little did we know. What a POS!) Anyway the first Stealth I saw in person was at Five Star. In fact they had two sitting there. And their hand written addendum sticker said and I quote
" Limited Availability Fee. $2,000.00" on top of the MSRP. Whoever paid that was an idiot.

Then again I still remember New Beetles and PT Cruisers selling for full sticker +...
I learnt the hard way in Chicago in the mid 2000's. Ford Mustang GT500 was supposed to be under $40K MSRP. Called the dealer to ask to see one and they told me gleefully (in the best car salesman voice you can imagine) that they were taking offers over $60,000 for the first few they were to receive in inventory. I told him he could do something anatomically improbable and hung up, my dreams of a 500 horse power car under $40K crushed like a Swisher Sweet blunt package in the parking lot of the Quickway Food CITGO on Pio Nono @ Mercer at 11:00 p.m. on Friday night.

I learnt the hard way in Chicago in the mid 2000's. Ford Mustang GT500 was supposed to be under $40K MSRP. Called the dealer to ask to see one and they told me gleefully (in the best car salesman voice you can imagine) that they were taking offers over $60,000 for the first few they were to receive in inventory. I told him he could do something anatomically improbable and hung up, my dreams of a 500 horse power car under $40K crushed like a Swisher Sweet blunt package in the parking lot of the Quickway Food CITGO on Pio Nono @ Mercer at 11:00 p.m. on Friday night.
At least it didn't cost you anything......

You have a fantastic ability to write! I love reading your comments.

Don't feel too bad. A guy I grew up with wanted a Cobra Mustang real bad back around 97/98. So his wife worked for a finance company owned by Ford at the time. That meant they could buy new Ford/ Lincoln/ Merc vehicles on the " A Plan" which basically meant $100.00 over factory invoice. So my homeboy got all worked up about buying a Cobra on the A Plan. And of course he just would not believe me when I told him that wasn't happening. But... He soon found out.
Basically if there are ANY other brand names attached to your new Ford vehicle it ain't eligible for the A Plan. So if you see Cobra, Roush,Saleen, Lightning,Raptor Harley Davidson etc . You WILL pay full price and then some in most cases.

Back
Top Bottom