• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gen 3 Glock 19, memory question..

mgfguevara

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
64   0
Reaction score
My first hand gun was a Glock 19, it was an RTF2 and I loved the gun to death. I also remmember the magazine capacity being 17rds. A bunch of trading later, I ended up getting 2 BNIB Glock 19s, one was made in Austria and one in the USA. I noticed the magazine capacity is only 15rds did this change or is my memory already gone?

I know I can run 17 magazines and have the capacity we are talking about. I also have a pearce and glock plus 2 extensiosn on the current 15rd magazines. Leads to the second part of my question, I can only get 16rds in. Not 17... +2 for 9mm and im still at 16rds.

What is wrong? Am i crazy?

Glock 19 flat bottom mags are made for 15 rounds. Unless it had an extension or was an aftermarket mag I'm not aware of it will only hold 15. I don't overload mags because I've seen reliability issues from it.

As for the +2 mags, they may not be put on correctly or there is something in the mag bottom stopping the last round. Have you took the mags apart?

The original magazine, that I remember being a glock 19 magazine was factory and was bought new. The current magazines, 15rd with the plus 2 extensions were recently put on.

Glock used to sell +2 mags for a lot of their pistols back in the early to mid 90s. I think they quit selling those a long time ago........

Back
Top Bottom