• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Generator Thread ....When the power goes out...

Me too, in sharpsburg. Got the genset going and backfeed the panel through a 50A camper outlet on the corner of the house. TURNED THE MAIN LUG OFF, and we have all power besides A/C. We are continuing to wash and dry clothes for this week. (All electric besides stovetop. Neighbor calls and says, do you have generac??? We won’t do this again.

Same here.

My Daughter left 5
Min before the wind came through.
I swear we had a tornado or one of those crazy downdrafts.
Trees everywhere.
My Daughter got trapped with trees in front and behind her blocking the road in both directions.
She found a parking lot and waited.
Someone brought her husband to her from a class he was attending.
They followed a guy with a chainsaw that cut them a path out .
My son in law helped to moved the cut logs and branches while the other guy sawed.
They made it home pretty quickly.

Yeah man if you live in Dahlonega you need to keep a chainsaw in your vehicle.
I carry a gas and an electric limb saw.

Glad nobody got hurt.

Utility power is back.
I back feed my panel through a 240v outlet in the garage. The main utility disconnect is outside.
Got to make sure the switching sequence is correct!

Everything went pretty smooth.
Zero issues.
When the gen proved it could handle the air-conditioning, that was a sweet moment.

Big storm, it felt like deja vu all over again. Spent the last 2 days working in the yard cutting, trimming and just generally sprucing up and now it looks like it did after the tornadoes came through. Big ass limb fell on my new roof, hopefully it didn't do any real damage. I give up on yardwork.
Got the Gen up and running but apparently my little emergency unit has crapped out. I was just going to use it to run the TV in the hope that they'd get the power back on PDQ but it's not putting out any power so I had to break out big daddy. I'll take a look at it tomorrow when I can see.

Back
Top Bottom