• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Generator Thread ....When the power goes out...

Even in Bibb County we had high winds, crazy cooler temps all of a sudden, trees and large limbs down in the 'hood. Power went out for about 15 minutes, flickered on then off again for 10. It was restored shortly after, just as I was clearing stuff to move the generator out of my storage room in the garage.

Hope y'all didn't have too much damage up in Yankee land (North Georgia).

Power stayed on, just flickered a bit, but a neighbor’s tree came down & blocked the road for a bit. Cobb FD made quick work of it.

Question about non-inverter gennies:

Is a whole house surge protector enough to handle the surges, or how are you all handling that aspect?

Reactions: Bct
Power stayed on, just flickered a bit, but a neighbor’s tree came down & blocked the road for a bit. Cobb FD made quick work of it.

Question about non-inverter gennies:

Is a whole house surge protector enough to handle the surges, or how are you all handling that aspect?
The non-inverter units can be rough on your electronics.

Now I'm really bummed. It rained so much that Tiny Turtle got washed out of his fountain in the front of the house.
I've been looking for him all morning but apparently he surfed his little turtle butt right out of the neighborhood.

We lost power after it went in and out about 9 times. Wife and kids were panicking about their phones and laptops lol! Power came back on a couple hours later. I almost considered running the generator.

Back
Top Bottom