• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Georgia Power rate increase!

Having worked for several "Southern Generating Companies", it is the most wondrous thing to have a Public Service Company that guarantees you a profit. When our managers said "we have to spend it before the end of the year or we will lose it" and "if we don't spend it, we won't have it in our budget next year", there is absolutely zero incentive to save a dollar. The dollars you spend directly translate into the cost of doing business, and, if the cost of doing business goes up, and you are guaranteed a certain amount/percentage of profit on that business, why try to keep costs down? My guess is that every business in the world would love to have an oversight company to keep you profitable, at the expense of the masses.
If they have surplus in the budget, they will find something to spend it on to show spending, I get it to a certain point. We just built the first Beneficial Use Project at Plant Bowen and soon to start one at Plant Branch in Milledgeville Ga. and one at Plant Berry in Alabama too. Reclaim Project Ash Plants. Lots of money. At Bowen was 37.5 Million Project with the company I was with for 43 years, paying half of that. So all involved pays some and have budgets. Yes price increases on everything, our Social Security checks went up 3.2 percent, guess what, so did medicare and supplemental drug and medical insurance went up also.

If they have surplus in the budget, they will find something to spend it on to show spending, I get it to a certain point. We just built the first Beneficial Use Project at Plant Bowen and soon to start one at Plant Branch in Milledgeville Ga. and one at Plant Berry in Alabama too. Reclaim Project Ash Plants. Lots of money. At Bowen was 37.5 Million Project with the company I was with for 43 years, paying half of that. So all involved pays some and have budgets. Yes price increases on everything, our Social Security checks went up 3.2 percent, guess what, so did medicare and supplemental drug and medical insurance went up also.
right on! nothing changes really

Every year when I lay out my budget, I try to factor in a 15% buffer. Since January its crept up about 15% above that and now another increase? It sure is getting tough around here, and I just got a letter from Social Security saying there's only a 3.2% COLA increase this year while they all took 30% raises because they said COLA and inflation was so high? .... 😡

Back
Top Bottom