• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Georgia to Become the First State to Felonize Citizen's Arrest

You people will get the level of intrusive, rights-stealing, government that you deserve, for your negligence in not doing something productive to stop bad laws from passing. Its easier to sit on your asses and type your rants online to a bunch of like-minded people so they can give you some "attaboys" and "hell, yeah" to stroke your ego.
Yeah, keep doing that. See how it works out for you.

Tell us what you are doing so we can join.

Wrote e-mails to the lieutenant governor and then to every member of the Senate Judiciary committee (which considered this bill the other day unfortunately they gave it unanimous approval.)

Made a round of phone calls to every member of the Senate Judiciary committee.

Now I will try to get a five minute personal conversation with my state senator, who is not on the committee but who will be asked to vote for or against this bill soon.

If I can't get him on the phone in person, I'll leave a message over the phone and I'll send an email to him as well.

I have encouraged other gun owners on this site, other sites, and on Facebook,
to oppose the bill.

I'm a dues-paying member of Georgia Carry.Org (GCO) and I expect that some of my dues money is being used to have professional lobbyists oppose this bill as well.

Soooo a criminal breaks into your home, you catch them, but can't hold them, or else you are a felon?

BTW, this law also enables police officers to make arrests outside their jurisdictions.
Further enhancing a "police state" mentality. Keep the cops on your side with more power. Same will happen with gun laws.

The scenario this bill changes is when the criminal is fleeing the scene of the crime. So he just finished raping your wife and proudly heads down your driveway to the sidewalk where witnesses see you tackle and beat him. I assure you, you will be going to prison for many years after this is enacted.
Guess they'll have to get beat and shot too..

You people will get the level of intrusive, rights-stealing, government that you deserve, for your negligence in not doing something productive to stop bad laws from passing. Its easier to sit on your asses and type your rants online to a bunch of like-minded people so they can give you some "attaboys" and "hell, yeah" to stroke your ego.
Yeah, keep doing that. See how it works out for you.

Well, when you start the revolt all of us "like minded people" will join you. The world and this site are full of "cowboys, rebels, patriots, etc" too, that say I'm gonna do this and that on here yet they too just sit on their asses and use their very hands to type and do nothing but the very thing they take issue with of others doing. We all are wondering what the hell is happening to our country and not quite sure what to do about it. Taking pot shots at folks though isn't the answer. We need to vote all these fn people out of office before it's too late is a good start in my opinion. We need to attack them politically and make sure their anti American agenda is called out and made known and get them the heck out of office.

Just so you know I agree with everything you typed. At some point there is going to be a day of reckoning no doubt. I am looking forward to the day they come and try to take my guns for no other reason than they don't want me to have them. That's the day I don't have to worry about any future bills I owe. For the life of me I don't understand how this past election was allowed to stand and the fact that it did just shows you why this country is where we are at and sadly where we are headed. Until this country looks like Venezuela i don't think people will wake the hell up.

Well, when you start the revolt all of us "like minded people" will join you. The world and this site are full of "cowboys, rebels, patriots, etc" too, that say I'm gonna do this and that on here yet they too just sit on their asses and use their very hands to type and do nothing but the very thing they take issue with of others doing. We all are wondering what the hell is happening to our country and not quite sure what to do about it. Taking pot shots at folks though isn't the answer. We need to vote all these fn people out of office before it's too late is a good start in my opinion. We need to attack them politically and make sure their anti American agenda is called out and made known and get them the heck out of office.

Just so you know I agree with everything you typed. At some point there is going to be a day of reckoning no doubt. I am looking forward to the day they come and try to take my guns for no other reason than they don't want me to have them. That's the day I don't have to worry about any future bills I owe. For the life of me I don't understand how this past election was allowed to stand and the fact that it did just shows you why this country is where we are at and sadly where we are headed. Until this country looks like Venezuela i don't think people will wake the hell up.
Its still too early in the day for this ****

Back
Top Bottom