Status
Not open for further replies.

Triathloncoach

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
201   0
Reaction score
Georgia - very easy to buy a gun - difficult to find a place to shoot

New Jersey - very (very) difficult to buy a gun - easy to find a place to shoot.

I want a place to shoot where I can look up and see the sky. That doesn't have a $900 initiation fee and requires a 2 hour drive from Alpharetta.

Bleh!!!

PS - and there may :rolleyes: be other differences between Georgia and NJ as well. And Georgia wins in a blow out. Although NJ finally has an awesome Governor - who I proudly voted for!! And then moved.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about the problems finding a place to shoot... down here in the midstate, I have two outdoor ranges within a 25 minute drive. The one I'm a member of has six pistol bays at about 30 yards deep by 20 yards wide (dirt mounts about 20' high on three sides) and a long rifle range... of course, the rifle range is about as wide as a single lane dirt road, but it works. I hardly ever see anyone else out there when I'm shooting. And it's a whopping $75 a year.

New Jersey - very (very) difficult to buy a gun - easy to find a place to shoot.

I want a place to shoot where I can look up and see the sky. That doesn't have a $900 initiation fee and requires a 2 hour drive from Alpharetta.

Bleh!!!

PS - and there may :rolleyes: be other differences between Georgia and NJ as well. And Georgia wins in a blow out. Although NJ finally has an awesome Governor - who I proudly voted for!! And then moved.

There are a bunch of great ranges at state-run WMAs up that way. (Just don't shoot at one without that GORP pass-@20 per year.)

I agree with you Triathloncoach, I'm from the alpharetta area as well, only range is sharpshooters...but it is extremely nice and they have IDPA sessions every monday great staff there as well

There are plenty of places to shoot in and near Hall County. Having said that, I don't use them....I don't like like the NO rapid fire rules at most of them, so I set up a pistol course and 200yd range on my in-laws property....

Also, I was in Jersey this summer on tour.....If Alabama is the armpit of America, Jersey is the asshole!

Bleh!!!

Weird I live on the Alphatetta border and there's 3 outdoor range membership places/ clubs under an hour from me and two are $300 a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom