• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info

Georgia's Own Credit Union ISSUE RESOLVED

Thanks for posting this- if I had an account there, it would be closed. And I hate the hassle of redoing direct deposit and bills and such.

On a side note- I'd agree that not dealing with adult entertainment makes sense for a bank. What bank wants to deal with piles of crinkled, smelly one dollar bills?

The issue has been resolved. I was contacted by a very nice representative of Georgia's Own Credit Union and he apologized and stated that an account could be opened ASAP. He informed me that GOCU does stand behind our Second Amendement rights. Thank you again to everyone for taking a stand.

This is awesome, but did they talk about why it was closed in the beginning? It sounded like they had an obvious policy against gun dealers before.

It's pretty impressive if ODT was able to help change this policy. Just sad it had to come to this.

I still wouldve dumped them. They obviously had people go by and close their accounts and did a 180 after that. If the political winds change, theyll go right back to their old ways.

I still wouldve dumped them. They obviously had people go by and close their accounts and did a 180 after that. If the political winds change, theyll go right back to their old ways.
I agree 100% Having said that, it is nice to hear someone openly admit they made a mistake. I think I did once.

Good on you OP for following through. I did the same thing with Bank of America and Bass Pro Shops. Unfortunately, neither one of them changed their policy. Oddly enough, I've survived without either. :)

The issue has been resolved. I was contacted by a very nice representative of Georgia's Own Credit Union and he apologized and stated that an account could be opened ASAP. He informed me that GOCU does stand behind our Second Amendement rights. Thank you again to everyone for taking a stand.
I'm just curious if you went back to the same branch and spoke to the same Branch Manager that denied your account to open your new accoint....

Back
Top Bottom