• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Get a Trust now! This could get interesting....

This could get very interesting, but I fear that the ATF's ruling is going to be reversed. The logic in the blog post cited is spot on, but that has never stopped the feds from doing whatever they want anyway. I think they will hang their hat on "possession" as a person necessarily has to possess the item, and that is prohibited.

Either way, it might get interesting.

[h=1]What is PERSON?[/h]Read in: Spanish
A man considered according to the rank he holds in society, with all the rights to which the place he holds entitles him, and the duties which it imposes. 1 Bouv. Inst. no. 137. A human being considered as capable of having rights and of being charged with duties; while a “thing” is the object over which rights may be exercised.

Law Dictionary: What is PERSON? definition of PERSON (Black's Law Dictionary)

You can do it yourself. A trust is just a few pieces of paper that get notarized. It does not get filed any where.

The idea of a "trust" is still kind of crazy to me. But I have one that owns a few NFA items.

So I guess it's just like any other trust. never mind. :doh:

In the law corporations are considered "persons". There are codes where the USA is considered a "person" (and a corporation for that matter). A lawyer will step in and designate trusts as persons. Nothing will come of this.

^^^ding ding ding

The ATF's current position letter is completely contradicting current established laws and definitions. A trust is a person per the supreme court. No matter how high up an ATF person is, they can't just arbitrarily decide that its not. They can cause headaches to all of us while its sorted out, but it will be changed. Charlie's uncle from Always Sunny could get that letter invalidated.

mqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom