Multi tool
Taurus PT111 with 4 loaded mags pf 9,
TP
36 mile walkie talkie, wife has other one at work with instructions
hand held CB
hand held scanner
Bible
shiiteload of fortitude
might mention I am retired so unless I'm headed to an ODT trade meet, or town (7 miles away) I won't have to get home, I'll be home already,

Real SHTF and you'd find me laying low deep in the brush sipping h2o with my Draco in my hand and not dare move until dark...

That is because I would assume roads would be a crash derby and bodies everywhere.

I'll take my 10lb ghb, Draco, and leave the tent behind.

Exactly........I work 16 miles from the house and I figure it will take 3-4 days minimum to make it from work to home.....the 16 miles will turn into 20-25 miles because there is no way I am going to be able to just walk down the road in broad daylight. Even paralleling roads will be very slow going (2 mph at best)......the amount of time lost each time you have to cross another road or open space will make it even slower (wait, observe, plan and haul ass......every single crossing).......

My bag has clothing, ie. socks, seasonal clothing - jacket, hat, gloves (plain and darker colors....nothing tacti-cool.....be the grey man), basic medical items (think mechanical injury, cuts and pain killers), fire starter, cordage, small blanket (and space blanket), flashlight, multi-tool, poncho, compass, couple extra knives, water filter (sawyer mini), food (energy bars and dried fruit), metal water bottle and extra ammo/mags for my EDC............that's about it.......total weight is 17lbs including 3 bottles of water. My bag is a grey and black "bookbag" but it does have a chest strap (if you have ever done any hiking you know that is a must)....looks like anything you would see anyone carrying around town, school, the airport, etc......All I am concerned about is being warm, dry, hydrated and able to defend myself.

#4 S Cababiner
$20
2 bic lighters
1 red signal flair
1 waterproof/shockproof flashlight
100’ black 550 paracord
2 cans Tuna
2 glow sticks
2 mylar rescue blankets
2 protien bars
2 toothbrushes
25 waterproof / windproof matches
3 Kroger bags
3 packs oatmeal
4 small bungee cords
50 SPF sunscreen
6 Deep Woods off bug wipes
6 hand warmers
Add cell phone
After Bite insect itch eraser
Arm sling
Aspirin
Bandana
Can opener / spoon
Carmex lip balm
Cell phone charger
Childrens Benadryl
Clothes
Coat Hangers
Container for stove
Dog bags instead of Kroger bags
Figure 9 Carabiner
Fire tinder in prescription bottle
Fixed blade knife
Hammock
Hand Sanitizer
Hydration Bladder
Leatherman
Liquid bandage bottle
Magnesium fire stick
Mountain House Lasagna and Noodles with Chicken
Napkins
Pen and Paper
Pepper spray
Plastic 32oz Nalgene jar
Pocket survival guide
Poncho
Rainfly
Self wrap ace bandage
Sewing kit
Slingshot with 10 pellets
Stove
Toothpaste
Water filter
Water??
Wipes
Zip Ties

So what would you have in your get home pack? I am talking about the general area 10 to 50 miles to get home. What would you carry and how much (food, ammo, weapons, gear)? How do you navigate? Are there bridges or roads that could be closed or destroyed?

The scenario could be anything from snow apocalypse, dam breaking, earthquake, EMP, Zombies or anything else. You just got to get home and cars are not an option, it's still early on so people haven't lost their minds yet and there is some social order.
Most likely scenario is a nuclear strike from NK.

Back
Top Bottom