• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Get home pack. What do you have in it?

I think I found your Get Home Bag Cart.
Only thing it needs is a LED light bar and 6-8 ammo cans.

image.jpeg

18- 33 round magazines weighs 23 lbs.!!!

So what kind of GHB cart/ dolly do you carry all of this stuff with?

Someone's going to just steal your crap after you collapse from exhaustion.
If I need that much ammo, I'm probably going to need it right away. Empty mags don't weigh much.

If I don't need that much, then I don't have to take all of them with me.

Same here... I start trying to prepare for any situation, gets unmanageable.
That said, my anal overprep paid off during the storm. I'm down from surgery on Monday, power goes out middle of the night. Having everything staged, fueled and ready, wife was able to get generator running and save the day(s). Having a working set of walkie/talkies to communicate was huge.
Big thank you to Jackson EMC for their quick response during power failures.
Being prepared obviously worked in your favor when the power went out.

I was the same way last week. I put fresh batteries in all the flashlights and LED lanterns and made sure everything worked.

But yeah, every time I start to put together a GHB, I end up with a 100 pounds of stuff sitting in the living room and can't decide what to leave out and end up getting frustrated and giving up.

Just because you have everything you might need for any SHTF situation doesn't mean it all has to go with you. Depending on what the situation is, you might be able to leave some of it behind.
The point of a GHB is that you take it with you everyday so you have it when SHTF and can use it to get back home.

Are you taking all that stuff with you every day when you leave the house?

The point of a GHB is that you take it with you everyday so you have it when SHTF and can use it to get back home.

Are you taking all that stuff with you every day when you leave the house?
Yes.

All that stuff isn't really that much. Most of it is small and doesn't weigh much. It's three bags:

Backpack
Vest bag
Gun case.
Gun comes out of the case. Vest gets put on and backpack does what backpacks do.

Back
Top Bottom