• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Get home pack. What do you have in it?

SOUNDS LIKE A SOLID SET UP AND I KNOW EVERYONE ELSE IS LIKE..."WHAT IF" BLA BLA BLA. MY ONLY QUESTION IS HAVE YOU TESTED YOUR GET HOME ROUTE ON FOOT OR RAN ANY KIND OF DRILLS WITH IT?
I was working sales, so my get home route would depend on which point of the compass I was on that day. This is why I have a map. I have looked at some secondary roads in poor weather to see what they look like. Found a couple that looked great on a map, but would require a kayak in heavy rain.

SOUNDS LIKE A SOLID SET UP AND I KNOW EVERYONE ELSE IS LIKE..."WHAT IF" BLA BLA BLA. MY ONLY QUESTION IS HAVE YOU TESTED YOUR GET HOME ROUTE ON FOOT OR RAN ANY KIND OF DRILLS WITH IT?

I know You have done your urban hike.. I think its hard to possess the confidance and train for a million scenarios...
There is no such thing as bad weather just bad gear.

You have to trust your gear and yourself. For those of us that travel its adds significant complexities ...I have planned for 3 days of food and water, clothes, simple and complex med kit with eno and tarp.... After that I will have to rely on acquisitions via stealth, friendlies or firepower...

Detonate a nuke in the upper atmosphere and it causes a huge area hit with a high intensity EMP. Estimates are that two or three one megaton warheads properly placed over the US would send us back to the dark ages for many years.

Read "One Second After". It's written by someone that knows the science. And it's scary as hell to understand just how vulnerable we are.
I started listening to the audio book today. It's really interesting. If you have amazon prime and have never listened to an audiobook before, you can download "Audible" app and get the book for free! ($15 Value)

I started listening to the audio book today. It's really interesting. If you have amazon prime and have never listened to an audiobook before, you can download "Audible" app and get the book for free! ($15 Value)
I have a subscription to audio books with Booksfree.com. I listen to them when I'm driving and I drive a lot. I got into audio books about 10 or 15 years ago and they are a game changer for me as much as I'm in my vehicle. A tremendous improvement in quality of life.

Holy crap! I did not know that. I just did a random book search on YouTube and seems you're right. Now all I have to do is figure out how to get my smartphone on my car speakers.

The Survivalist Series (5 Book Series) by A. American. Another one on youtube. Some of the content is missing but free is nice.

Ted Koppel's book, "Lights Out" is a good read too. Put with "One Second After" makes one think.

In for info. Just starting to get into actually "building" a GHB.
Good to have one. Try to resist the urge to plan for any emergency... You'll need a bigger vehicle to carry it all.
Some good info in this thread, just keep focus on your routine, daily routes.

Back
Top Bottom