• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Get home pack. What do you have in it?

Black rain ordnance socom spec 15
10 mags, plus one in action
Red man (3-5 pouches)
Glock 30s, 3 mags full (200 rounds plus)
550 cord, tarp
Assorted cutlery
Socks and undies
Pair of jeans
Lightweight camo outerwear
Tylenol, aspirin, hydrocortisone
Flashlight, several batteries
Cigar torch
1 camping cookware set. Couple pots, plates, cups, multi-purpose eating tool

The rest, I think I can make due without till I get home

Black rain ordnance socom spec 15
10 mags, plus one in action
Red man (3-5 pouches)
Glock 30s, 3 mags full (200 rounds plus)
550 cord, tarp
Assorted cutlery
Socks and undies
Pair of jeans
Lightweight camo outerwear
Tylenol, aspirin, hydrocortisone
Flashlight, several batteries
Cigar torch
1 camping cookware set. Couple pots, plates, cups, multi-purpose eating tool

The rest, I think I can make due without till I get home

I like.. its straight forward. Do you think your mag/ammo heavy? Just for curiosity, how will you handle the lack of water or food thought process?
With your fire power you certainly can acquire.. But what if you have to go stealth?

Just curious and not judging... I learn 1 or 2 different items to add or delete for myself from each post.

I like.. its straight forward. Do you think your mag/ammo heavy? Just for curiosity, how will you handle the lack of water or food thought process?
With your fire power you certainly can acquire.. But what if you have to go stealth?

Just curious and not judging... I learn 1 or 2 different items to add or delete for myself from each post.

I've always resolved myself to going lite because in my day-to-day travels I'm hardly ever more than 13 highway miles from home. 10lb loaded battle rifle and sling, 10 pounds in loaded pmags, maybe 4 in glock and mags. I try to stay pretty fit, so the cost of weight has a payout in security for me, I think. Very Blessed here in North georgia to have access to the Chuckamauga creek, both north and south, and all it's feeder streams. Very rarely more than 2 to 3 linear hoofing miles from it. Food is always an issue, but I know water is never far away. Procure the water, boil it in camp set and we're good to go for another few hours. Luckily, the Chickamauga can be followed to within a few hundred yards of my homestead. Abundance of deer and small game if the hunger strikes something serious.

I like it clearly well thought out! I am metro or up to 5 hours away via vehicle. I have a g17 and Sub 2k both drive same mags. Extra 33 rounders packed in bag. I have to keep food and H2O in bag along with life straw...

I am fairly fit, but cringe at the thought of being solo far from home... I have spent my life in the outdoors and can navigate back home. It is going to be a challange but realize that can be a reality in a NY minute...

I like it clearly well thought out! I am metro or up to 5 hours away via vehicle. I have a g17 and Sub 2k both drive same mags. Extra 33 rounders packed in bag. I have to keep food and H2O in bag along with life straw...

I am fairly fit, but cringe at the thought of being solo far from home... I have spent my life in the outdoors and can navigate back home. It is going to be a challange but realize that can be a reality in a NY minute...

Lifestraw is something I have pondered about having at the homestead. But for some reason, never dawned on me to buy another one for the GHB.

Don't overlook medications and treatments for injuries. They weigh very little and in a SHTF situation, a minor infection could end up killing you without treatment.
Blood pressure meds and other meds will cook in a car. My doctor said mail order meds no t a good idea in summer heat.

Some will and some won't, but all are better than nothing.
True.
I was a road warrior since 1985.
Started BP meds in 1997 and kept them rotated pretty much summertime I would keep them in my briefcase when I would go in to make a call and most of the time I was in a hotel in the area I would just keep them there.

30-50 miles... I've got my EDC with a couple of extra mags. A first aid kit. Enough food bars (CLiff or B-fast bars) for a couple of days. At least 1/2 a case of bottled water. Rolled up plastic tarp, line and fire making tools. Wool blanket. Map and knowledge of area within 50 miles. That'll be enough for a two day walk.

SOUNDS LIKE A SOLID SET UP AND I KNOW EVERYONE ELSE IS LIKE..."WHAT IF" BLA BLA BLA. MY ONLY QUESTION IS HAVE YOU TESTED YOUR GET HOME ROUTE ON FOOT OR RAN ANY KIND OF DRILLS WITH IT?

Back
Top Bottom