• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Getting Into CB Radio

The Sirio Tornado is what I was thinking of getting. I west of Cartersville near Euharlee. I don't know how high I will be able to get it at first. I got an old post/mast with a TV antenna on it next to the house and thought I could put there to start. I will need to figure out how to et it higher at some point.

Not a great pic, but my Antron99 is on my chimney with a chain link fence top rail that I cut to about 17' long (single piece). Planning to put the Tornado in the same spot, but changing the mast to conduit that I will reinforce with a smaller diameter pipe inside of it, and hopefully moving it up to put the base at least 40' (right now it's 37'). But even when I had the base of the Antron at only about 15', I was able to get out pretty nicely.

Attachments

• DSCN3775.JPG
    DSCN3775.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 14
Just build a base antenna . It's pretty cool when you hear skip from Italy on two $12.00 aluminum paint poles you screwed together!

I've used a simple 2 wire dipole with some success, but nothing like the bigger antennas. It is fun to get out on basic equipment and minimal watts, but I like being able to get thru traffic, too. lol

Not a great pic, but my Antron99 is on my chimney with a chain link fence top rail that I cut to about 17' long (single piece). Planning to put the Tornado in the same spot, but changing the mast to conduit that I will reinforce with a smaller diameter pipe inside of it, and hopefully moving it up to put the base at least 40' (right now it's 37'). But even when I had the base of the Antron at only about 15', I was able to get out pretty nicely.

Well I ordered a Sirio Tornado a few days ago. By my calculations and what I have to work with I should have the antenna base at 23 / 24 feet. I would like to get it higher but I am limited on placement at the time. We will see how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom