• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Getting Into CB Radio

I just acquired dads old Radio Shack 40 channel walkie-T. It's 12v plug or 10 "AA". I think it's about 3 watts.

So after unscrewing the back and removing the 10 exploded batteries and sanding the acid off the contacts I got some noise from the new batteries.

Next door neighbor has a CB and we tested it out, and it works.

So now I'm back into CB's.

I just acquired dads old Radio Shack 40 channel walkie-T. It's 12v plug or 10 "AA". I think it's about 3 watts.

So after unscrewing the back and removing the 10 exploded batteries and sanding the acid off the contacts I got some noise from the new batteries.

Next door neighbor has a CB and we tested it out, and it works.

So now I'm back into CB's.
Nice!!!!

I got into it real bad several years ago. Cobra29LTD classic, nice little one pill linear n either a 102 whip (better) or a Wilson 5 foot fiberglass. I talked to Maryland all night one night from my driveway. Neighbors heard me on their TV though! LOL. Skipped to Tenn during rush hour one time. Its nice to talk to folks in traffic. Drove from here to Michigan on I-75...so worth it. Knew where every cop was and if the roads were navigable due to the snowstorm that year. Sold 'em all for cash but now I want to get back into it and get a new one. Break Break Break....Coletrain just got doowwnn on the one nine break break break!!! Try the CB internet forum or CBRT for fun and info.

I have such fond memories of my grandfather's car with a cb. The best part was switching it to the PA public address mode and he had the speaker underneath the hood. Just being a little kid and being able to broadcast real loud like that was so cool

I have always been into CB radio and have always tried to keep one in my truck for work, trips, etc. I purchased a top of the line Galaxy DX2517 base station a few years back, had it peaked and tuned, and never used it aside from booking it up to my tower and tuning the swr's on the antenna. That said, if you happen to get into it and are interested in a like new, in the box, peaked and tuned base station, let me know.
Thanks, Robert 770-655-5923

Back
Top Bottom