• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Girlfriend wants to hunt

hops2899

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
117   0
Reaction score
Well she's talked me into taking her hunting and I have to say she is doing her homework. Outdoorsy as anything, she went ahead and took the safety course last year, got permitted up and has been reading online hunting rags. She even signed up for the BOW class at Clybel. We have decided that she is comfortable with recoil in the 308 range, so she and I are refinishing a 788. I have to say she has taken it very seriously, though there is nothing like hands on learning. The biggest thing she needs to work on is being quiet, both her mouth and her movements. Will practice this weekend if weather permits. Anyone on here take their wife or girlfriend? Any sugestions? Someone suggested putting aspirin bottles with a few tablets, bb's or rocks in her cargo pockets. Also who has the best selection of hunting clothes?

Last edited:
Send pics of the G/F. I could personally train her for a couple of years and then turn her back over to you as a seasoned hunter. Of course, she'd have to immerse herself in my expert training for that entire time, but when she comes back to you she'll be a great hunter.

Just PM me if she's interested. (I don't really care what you think)!

Send pics of the G/F. I could personally train her for a couple of years and then turn her back over to you as a seasoned hunter. Of course, she'd have to immerse herself in my expert training for that entire time, but when she comes back to you she'll be a great hunter.

Just PM me if she's interested. (I don't really care what you think)!
[Broken External Image]:

Why on earth would you take your girlfriend hunting? I hunt and fish to get away from my wife! It's fun and cute now, because she's your girlfriend and you still like each other. But if she turns into your wife, you'll do anything to get away from her for a day or two! Just my $.02.

Been there done that . Once she realizes that you have a greater passion for hunting than you do her ....Game Over ! My guess is you have not been with her yet through a entire hunting season and she is just acting like she is interested in what you are as well . Again I don't know the whole story but just speaking from past experience.

Be sure to check her for ticks before and after the hunt. The more I think about it, just check her when you get back. If you check her before you hunt, you may never get to the woods. The more I think about it, I will check her for you before you go. I'll call you when I get done and you can come get her.

I have taken my ex several times and we always had a good time. She would not hunt, but she would sit there with me. I would bring my hand held games and play them while she watched from our tower stand. And when the deer came out she said there's a buck and wanted me to shoot it, so I did. It was a decent 8 point. Then I got rewarded in the stand:)

Back
Top Bottom