• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Girlfriend wants to hunt

upload_2015-8-24_20-17-46.jpeg

I have taken my ex several times and we always had a good time. She would not hunt, but she would sit there with me. I would bring my hand held games and play them while she watched from our tower stand. And when the deer came out she said there's a buck and wanted me to shoot it, so I did. It was a decent 8 point. Then I got rewarded in the stand:)

So does that mean you shot twice? ">)

Just cover all the bases up front as to how it's gonna be and if they can't agree to walking quietly, sitting motionless on stand for hours and keeping their yapper shut then don't take them.
I've had mixed results with my daughters.
I'd rather take them shooting than hunting because they can't sit still very long and can't pee as easily as we can .

Last edited:
Well the good news is that she said she has no desire to go to the woods every time I go, nor does she want me to go when she goes (she already has two trips lined up). I have already told her not to be upset if she and I hunt apart and she was cool with that.

I enjoy doing stuff with my better half. Mine wanted to go dove hunting last year, so she got a new 20ga. semi auto. She had to have all new camo as well. We had a good time sitting in the field even though it was hot as hell. If I hunted and fished to get away from my wife or better half then I would divorce her and find someone that I wanted to spend time with.

Back
Top Bottom