• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Girlfriend wants to hunt

tmp_8509-Screenshot_2015-09-17-23-12-411991019267.png

Gotta say, she is making the 788 look good.

Mine has been a handful of time with me. She loves the outdoors and watching the wildlife, but could never pull the trigger on anything. She also hates getting out of the bed and the cold so by end of October I don't have to worry about her!

Mine cannot sit still. I think that is something that you just have to consciously practice. I remember when I was younger I could not sit past 10am.

Well she's talked me into taking her hunting and I have to say she is doing her homework. Outdoorsy as anything, she went ahead and took the safety course last year, got permitted up and has been reading online hunting rags. She even signed up for the BOW class at Clybel. We have decided that she is comfortable with recoil in the 308 range, so she and I are refinishing a 788. I have to say she has taken it very seriously, though there is nothing like hands on learning. The biggest thing she needs to work on is being quiet, both her mouth and her movements. Will practice this weekend if weather permits. Anyone on here take their wife or girlfriend? Any sugestions? Someone suggested putting aspirin bottles with a few tablets, bb's or rocks in her cargo pockets. Also who has the best selection of hunting clothes?
Well did she ever hunt with you?

Back
Top Bottom