Give your word in this thread. Save people from doing stupid things.

I have sold/traded guns that I have never fired and I always disclose the fact. I cant tell you how it shoots if I haven't shot it but if it doesn't work when you try it I will always refund or trade back. I would never screw anyone over on a deal. Thats low life scumbag crap there.

Hmmmm. Not too many peeps giving their word here!!! :confused: :)

I always provide full disclosure on what I'm selling but have been on the other end of gross misrepresentation and it chaps my ass and I will call you out if at the meet you misrepresented what you're selling.

To bring a loaded mag to a meet as a buyer and insert into sellers weapon is just plain suicide imo and I hope nobody ever does that to me cause they wouldn't like my reaction.

Yeah, it made me a little uncomfortable.

Vanilla_ice+-+word+to+ya+mother.jpg

I reckon I've been lucky, but in my many decades of owning guns, shooting, hunting & trading, the only two that I ever had trouble with ( no company names) were very high dollar shorty versions of 1911's. They both were purchased at reputable gun shops & they both had to go back to the manufacturer for warranty repair. the most expensive one, TWICE! And I got rid of them through an FFL. LOST BUCKS! Still don't like shorty 1911's as cute & pretty as they are, and as good as they shoot when they do shoot! Own one 1911, now, it was purchased at a very reasonable price, new, from a well known gun dealer & it has worked beautifully from day one, right out of the box with all kind & configuration of rounds. Got it real hot & dirty. DROVE IT LIKE I STOLE IT! The factory mags have been replaced with Wilson Combat mags as the factory Mags are just a wee bit prone to nose down a HP load The Wilson mags are smooth as silk any slow, quick or in between way you reload. It is a Ruger 1911C. I'm not even gonna mention the price I gave for it but it was waaaaay less than what the flippers are asking. I won't be selling it. :pop2: Other than that, buyer beware, & if'n I don't like a person's looks or get a negative gut feeling, I ain't doin' business with 'em whether it be in their store or elsewhere. These feet were made fer walkin'!

So yeah, my guns will work if you buy them from me. If they don't I'll buy them back.

This is the way it should be. I had a deal on here where I got a .357 from a fellow ODT'er and once I got it home I realized the gun had a jacked up trigger. It was sticking and would not function properly. The guy I traded with had great feedback and was very friendly when I met him so when I called him to tell him about it he immediately offered to trade back. I told him I had already taken it to the Smith and it was a quick $20 fix. Then he offered to pay for the repair. I believe the guy honestly did not know and he admitted he had never fired the weapon. The fact that he did everything he could do to make it right makes him OK in my book. I didn't even accept his offer to pay for the repair. I let it slide because I appreciated his concern and his offers to take it back. I believe he was an honest trader who simply did not disclose what he did not know. People can make mistakes and they deserve the chance to make it right.

I will definitely stand behind anything that I sell or trade. If for some unknown reason it is not right, I will make it right. Feedback and feedback score, that's why we have it. I certainly look at it as well as the members profile before I even consider a deal. If they are a new member, we will definitely comminucate before any transaction takes place.

Just went cruising around and stopped at a pawn shop saw something I kinda liked, went out to the truck and brought my witness in to see about a trade. He proceeded to do all kinds of ridiculous tests of function. My favorite being sticking a pencil in the gun, cocking it and shooting the ceiling with the pencil. I wasn't thrilled with the shenanigans and politely asked for it back.
But he did offer $99 store credit. Don't believe I'll be back.

Just went cruising around and stopped at a pawn shop saw something I kinda liked, went out to the truck and brought my witness in to see about a trade. He proceeded to do all kinds of ridiculous tests of function. My favorite being sticking a pencil in the gun, cocking it and shooting the ceiling with the pencil. I wasn't thrilled with the shenanigans and politely asked for it back.

wild guess, Bullseye in lawrenceville? lol. they dont give crap for trades/selling to them. and i could see a few of them in there doing that lol.

$99? LOL! Been there.

The pencil thing is actually pretty cool. The firing pin will launch the pencil as long as everything is in working order. If I'm not sure whether or not a gun comes with a magazine disconnector I'll do it with the mag out. Take a Ruger SR series for instance. Even without the magazine the striker(visible from the rear of the slide) will pop forward but the firing pin will NOT strike a round. So after clearing the gun, you can put a pencil in against the breech face and if the firing pin is functioning it will pop the pencil forward. It's also useful in diagnosing light strikes although it's really subjective since different models of gun will hit harder or softer any way.

Back
Top Bottom