Give your word in this thread. Save people from doing stupid things.

Parking lot pop for the win!! i always shoot everything i trade/buy into (why get it if i dont wanna shoot it? lol). if i trade/sell it i tell the buyer exactly how it treated me while shooting, and anything the previous owner told me about it. like selling a car without knowing how it drives lol.

I've literally purchased thousands of guns from the public in one of my previous jobs. In that time I did a function check, and fired all of them into a snail we had set up in our gun shop. Over the course of 5 years and thousands of guns we maybe had 10-15 that didn't function properly. Also keep in mind these were coming in from the public, and not a stand up ODT member. I rarely worry about it unless the gun is notoriously "bad", and in that case I probably wouldn't be buying one anyway.
So yeah, my guns will work if you buy them from me. If they don't I'll buy them back.

I've literally purchased thousands of guns from the public in one of my previous jobs. In that time I did a function check, and fired all of them into a snail we had set up in our gun shop. Over the course of 5 years and thousands of guns we maybe had 10-15 that didn't function properly. Also keep in mind these were coming in from the public, and not a stand up ODT member. I rarely worry about it unless the gun is notoriously "bad", and in that case I probably wouldn't be buying one anyway.
So yeah, my guns will work if you buy them from me. If they don't I'll buy them back.

That's what I am talking about. :thumb:

Also kind of hoping everyone will put their word on their firearms in this thread. So we can just exchange our cash and firearms in parking lots without drawing a lot of attention testing things.

What if you never shoot the gun your offering? Say, you buy one and then get it in your hands and it doesn't fit right..

I can not guarantee that gun then, but I also don't mind meeting at ranges!

- - - Updated - - -

No meet is done till we let off a desk pop.

Parking lot pop.. but yep...

Hmmmm. Not too many peeps giving their word here!!! :confused: :)

I always provide full disclosure on what I'm selling but have been on the other end of gross misrepresentation and it chaps my ass and I will call you out if at the meet you misrepresented what you're selling.

To bring a loaded mag to a meet as a buyer and insert into sellers weapon is just plain suicide imo and I hope nobody ever does that to me cause they wouldn't like my reaction.

I won't sell a gun that I KNOW has an issue without full disclosure. There have been several guns I've traded into or bought that I didn't ever even shoot before I traded or sold them. Sometiems I impulse buy and sometimes I want a gun for so long that it just can't live up to the expectation. I wanted a Glock 36 forEVER and when I got one I hadn't gotten home before I hated the way it felt in my hand. I've wanted 1911's 3 times and only shot one of them(and it was a compact). One of the ones I got and traded without firing turned out to have had a problem I never was notified of by the guy I got it from and didn't detect since I didn't shoot it.

I will do a basic inspection when I meet to trade. Clear and safety verify, visual inspection, basic function check(rack the slide, check slide stop works, feel recoil spring tension and, yep, I'm gonna dry fire it. If I remembered to bring a pencil I'll dry fire it with the pencil eraser against the breech face to check the firing pin action. Not distrust, just habit and a damn good one. Only takes 2 or 3 minutes to do all I do and most of the time we are chatting about everything ODT and other any way. And I INVITE a return inspection from the other party. Just like if cash is changing hands I EXPECT it to be counted right there. No mistakes 20 miles down the road and suspiciouns of short-changing anyone. If I'm giving you cash I'll count it to you and expect you to count it again. If I'm receiving cash from you I WILL count it in front of you.

Again, it's not about trust, it's about clarity and justy making sure both parties feel perfectly comfortable that everything is above board.

What if you never shoot the gun your offering? Say, you buy one and then get it in your hands and it doesn't fit right..

I can not guarantee that gun then, but I also don't mind meeting at ranges!

That is a good point. I have had a few like that. I guess the best thing to do is state in advance that you haven't fired the weapon and got it on trade or whatever. Standing behind ANYTHING you sell or trade is still on the last owner. It requires the buyers to be honest as well. They can't just go home and **** something up then say it doesn't work. So I guess people are just going to have to stand behind their word and things will be fine. The scumbags will eventually be booted from the ODT either way.

Back
Top Bottom