• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock 22 9mm conversion...

lilred06

Default rank <4000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
116   0
Reaction score
So what are we using these days? Thinking about just getting a drop-in barrel for my duty weapon since I have 75 rds of .40 (all duty ammo) and 3k rds of 9mm...lone wolf still the bang-for-buck go-to? Or have times changed?

My assistant brought an inexpensive Glock 22 and I gave her my Lone Wolf 9mm Conversion Barrel. It runs fine with 124 grain ammo. Lone Wolf makes an upgrade (Alpha Wolf) with relief cuts and darkened-nitrite? Those look real sharp but about $40 more.

Some have issues with Wolf bulged barrels but I have not seen that personally. I think they are still the cheaper choice around $100.

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Products.aspx?CAT=241

EFK Fire Dragon Barrels are 416 Stainless Steel. $135.00 add $50 to blacken it.

Storm lake in the raw is around $170

I have Lone Wolf Alpha 40>9 conversion barrels for my G22 and G23. I also use 9mm recoil springs and mags to avoid any problems.

Never had any issues. I was using the standard Lone Wolf barrel before with zero issues. Haven't got around to selling it yet, just can't remember whether it is for the 23 or 22.

It's the same recoil spring for the G17 and the G22. The G22 slide is heavier to compensate for the additional energy from the .40 round.

I have a lone wolf for the G22 and the G27. I have put thousands of 9mm rounds through the G22 in three gun matches and have never had even one ftf fte or anything. Also paid $99 for it.

Reactions: MRH
I've been using a LW conversion in my G22 for about 2 years. I like it. They work well.

I have a 35 and dropped a ZEV 34 barrel into it. Works well enough for plinking with G17/34 mags. Not perfect, but nothing to worry about if you're just practicing at the range.

I have lone wolf 9mm conversions barrel for my glock 23, 22, 35, and 24. You can get 40sw Glocks cheap like loe trade ins. For under $500, gun, 2 mags, box and conversion barrel.

Back
Top Bottom