Glock 42 mods by professionals & EDC users

20160302_201329-1.jpg
Here is something that I wanted to hate.
Except that a. Vickers usually puts out well thought out quality products & b. This is a problem that I see many ladies struggle with.

The part doesn't seem to be very likely to snag, it doesn't protrude too much (just enough), it is easy to take on or off, is made from quality polymer, & according to the ladies who have tried it so far, works well both with the "slingshot" method as well as over the top slide manipulation.

It does crowd ones sight picture a little but not too bad.
I thought at first that it was a "hardware solution to a software problem" but I'm going to take it to the laboratory (the range) & put it in the hands of several students & see what happens.

Before all the naysayers & Glock haters chime in about racking the slide being easy for ladies let me state that I've either loaned mine to ladies in classes or had them bring their own well over a few hundred times & while it is easier to rack than some of the other guns it is still a problem for some even after they are taught better techniques on how to work the slide.

One technique that works well is to start them with a gun that is very easy to rack the slide(like an M&P 22c) then work up to a pistol w/ a heavier slide.

The more times a human performs a physical manipulation the more efficient one usually becomes due to our bodies physiology.
In simpler terms.... the more times we do some thing the easier it is to do.

View attachment 697987 Here is something that I wanted to hate.
Except that a. Vickers usually puts out well thought out quality products & b. This is a problem that I see many ladies struggle with.

The part doesn't seem to be very likely to snag, it doesn't protrude too much (just enough), it is easy to take on or off, is made from quality polymer, & according to the ladies who have tried it so far, works well both with the "slingshot" method as well as over the top slide manipulation.

It does crowd ones sight picture a little but not too bad.
I thought at first that it was a "hardware solution to a software problem" but I'm going to take it to the laboratory (the range) & put it in the hands of several students & see what happens.

Before all the naysayers & Glock haters chime in about racking the slide being easy for ladies let me state that I've either loaned mine to ladies in classes or had them bring their own well over a few hundred times & while it is easier to rack than some of the other guns it is still a problem for some even after they are taught better techniques on how to work the slide.

One technique that works well is to start them with a gun that is very easy to rack the slide(like an M&P 22c) then work up to a pistol w/ a heavier slide.

The more times a human performs a physical manipulation the more efficient one usually becomes due to our bodies physiology.
In simpler terms.... the more times we do some thing the easier it is to do.
Speaking to that it took forever to get my fiancée where she could consistently rack the slide on her M&P Shield

Thanks for the info
I rented a 42 recently at a range and loved it
Was easy to shoot and accurate and
No issues with a range rental gun that probably never gets cleaned it performed flawless
I liked it better than my .38 snubby and my Kahr K-9

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm glad you guys posted in this thread. I wasn't aware of the Vickers slide racker. My daughter likes shooting my G42 and wants one. But she does struggle some with the slide, she can shoot it fine but this may be exactly what she needs.

Back
Top Bottom