• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock 43 vs p365 (anyone switch?)

Made the switch to the P365 but the wife still uses the 43. I still identify as a Glock fanboy even if I cheat here & there.
Grip angle is definitely different.

I have handled some sigs that when I press out, gotta adjust for grip angle to be on my front sight. However with the 365, I press out and every time I am right on as I was with the 43/19. Thought I would have to adjust but it’s right on. Hmmmm

While high capacity and small size are a plus - reliability, durability, and general ability to take a beating and keep ticking are the number one requirements for me in a pistol.

In regular street clothes, I carry a full size HK in 9mm. To me, it's the #1 in reliability, and I found a particular setup that works for me perfectly - for carrying in 'regular' clothes.

In 'professional'/business attire, where I need a dress shirt tucked in.....OR when I'm going running in exercise shorts/t-shirt (something I'm trying to get into again) - I want the smallest, highest capacity, most reliable/durable and shootable 9mm I can find. HK doesn't make a pistol small enough for this category, so I've chosen the Shield and been pleased.

I haven't done it myself, but based on reports I've seen, I believe the Shield can go many thousands of rounds (probably at least 5000 or more), without any parts replacement or serious cleaning, and not have malfunctions. Based on what I've seen, I seriously doubt the 365 could match that performance. Making it to 1000 rounds without issues is not enough, in my opinion. I would have to see several thousand rounds to think of switching (without needing to change the recoil spring at a mere 1500 rounds....that's crazy, coming from an HK user where it's not even suggested to change it until 20,000 rounds).

Sorry for the long winded post. TL;DR: The 365 is neat, but I don't trust Sig USA, and the pistol doesn't look like it was made for people that shoot a lot.

I did read in my 365 manual that the recoil spring should be changed at 2500 rounds which is a little bit better Then 1500 for a small pistol I guess. I do appreciate the proven track record of Glock reliability but I know even they had some issues with the Gen fours and Glock 42 initially. I am hopeful the newest of 365’s are good to go

While high capacity and small size are a plus - reliability, durability, and general ability to take a beating and keep ticking are the number one requirements for me in a pistol.

In regular street clothes, I carry a full size HK in 9mm. To me, it's the #1 in reliability, and I found a particular setup that works for me perfectly - for carrying in 'regular' clothes.

In 'professional'/business attire, where I need a dress shirt tucked in.....OR when I'm going running in exercise shorts/t-shirt (something I'm trying to get into again) - I want the smallest, highest capacity, most reliable/durable and shootable 9mm I can find. HK doesn't make a pistol small enough for this category, so I've chosen the Shield and been pleased.

I haven't done it myself, but based on reports I've seen, I believe the Shield can go many thousands of rounds (probably at least 5000 or more), without any parts replacement or serious cleaning, and not have malfunctions. Based on what I've seen, I seriously doubt the 365 could match that performance. Making it to 1000 rounds without issues is not enough, in my opinion. I would have to see several thousand rounds to think of switching (without needing to change the recoil spring at a mere 1500 rounds....that's crazy, coming from an HK user where it's not even suggested to change it until 20,000 rounds).

Sorry for the long winded post. TL;DR: The 365 is neat, but I don't trust Sig USA, and the pistol doesn't look like it was made for people that shoot a lot.

My factory recoil spring on my Shield gave up the ghost fairly early, never had a failure out of it but it would stay out of battery if I wasn't on top of it and appeared crooked...but I attribute that to a bad part. Regardless, I replaced it with a SS Guide Rod early on and can confirm, Shields go beyond 5,000 rounds with no problem. The Shield was VERY good to me and I would honestly trust it before I would trust a G43, hands down. My 365's capacity and much more comfortable grip sold me and I traded my Shield off for a bunch of AR500 steel. At this point, I have zero regrets but only time will tell. FWIW, I have zero issues ponying up for recoil springs every 2500 rounds.

I have handled some sigs that when I press out, gotta adjust for grip angle to be on my front sight. However with the 365, I press out and every time I am right on as I was with the 43/19. Thought I would have to adjust but it’s right on. Hmmmm
The P365 grip angle is no where near the P320 or its ridiculous bore axis. I wouldn't own it if this was the case.

It's so funny to see this amazement at a thin double-stack nine. Kel-Tec put 12 in a magazine like that-- in 1995. Just didn't make the trigger pre-cocked. They Clinton-ed it down to 10, but the design holds 12, as all of the mags sold after 2004 do. Flush mags; no extender.

Yawn. Just because Glocks are always thick like a bar of soap doesn't mean it has to be that way.

Welcome to the mid-90's Sig!

(Glock will maybe catch up one of these decades...)

It's so funny to see this amazement at a thin double-stack nine. Kel-Tec put 12 in a magazine like that-- in 1995. Just didn't make the trigger pre-cocked. They Clinton-ed it down to 10, but the design holds 12, as all of the mags sold after 2004 do. Flush mags; no extender.

Yawn. Just because Glocks are always thick like a bar of soap doesn't mean it has to be that way.

Welcome to the mid-90's Sig!

(Glock will maybe catch up one of these decades...)
It's not a double stack, it's significantly thinner. I'm fairly certain no 9mm pistol had this many rounds in a an overall dimensionally smaller package. And the fact that it shoots like it's 1.5 times it's size is why people have really caught on to it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom