• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock Barrel Question

cwb52987

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
24   0
Reaction score
Im sure this question has been asked multiple time but i have searched the forum and couldn't find it anywhere. My question is i bought a Glock 23 40 cal. I have been wanting to try out a 357 sig just for the heck of it. I know there are conversion barrels to make a g23 into a g32 but im wondering if you couldnt just buy a factory glock 32 barrel and just slide it right in? I would also like to hear how you all went about this and how it worked out for you. Thanks in advance!

Yes, a factory Glock 32 barrel will work fine. No mag change. Any .357 Sig barrel made for the Glock 32 whether from Lone Wolf, Storm Lake or KKM will work just fine.

Yes it works fine. You don't even have to get different magazines either. The .40s&w and .357 sig have the same diameter casing.
You will love the .357 sig.

Yes it works fine. You don't even have to get different magazines either. The .40s&w and .357 sig have the same diameter casing.
You will love the .357 sig.

Although a .40 and .357 have the same case diameter the .357 needs a slightly taller follower to feed reliably. I have experienced quit a few .357 rounds fail to feed when using a .40 magazine. When Glock first came out with the .357sig they used .40S&W followers and had issues with rounds nose diving into the feed ramp. Glock changed the .357sig follower by adding a little more lift at the front of the follower.

Back
Top Bottom