glock firing pin assembly

federal 180 grain
g-22 had 35 rounds when it flew apart
g-27 same ammo, 6 rounds

Don't shoot that ammo any other gun! Have it checked to insure it is not exceeding pressure standards. Do you have pics of the fired shells, specifically the primer/headstamp area.

Where was it purchased and what brand of ammo is it?

Last edited:
I'd have to agree something seems odd about the ammo - it's just highly unlikely that TWO Glocks are going to fail within a short time of each other. Seems the common denominator is the ammo...

I think I'd take both guns and the ammo to Glock and ask them to look it over.

Excellent idea, unless it was re-loaded ammo as it would void any warranty work but then so far it was "federal" ammo. I am pretty sure Glock has a test fixture for ammo on site.

Yeah, never heard anything about reloads. If they are that could explain it. If not I'd bet Glock would be able to verify that the ammo is bad. I REALLY don't believe one, much less two Glocks would fail under normal pressure.

Excerpt from Wikipedia's entry on Glocks qualification testing:
After firing 15,000 rounds of standard ammunition, the pistol will be inspected for wear. The pistol will then be used to fire an overpressure test cartridge generating 5,000 bar (500 MPa; 73,000 psi) (the normal maximum operating pressure Pmax for the 9 mm NATO is rated at 2,520 bar (252 MPa; 36,500 psi).[9] The critical components must continue to function properly and be up to specifications, otherwise the pistol will be disqualified.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glock

Back
Top Bottom