glock firing pin assembly

One gun going down, possibly a fluke, two guns going down it such short order is exceptionally odd unless they are a real cheap/poorly made ones. The G22 is beefier and could handle more stress than the smaller gun. As soon as I saw the round count and the round to failure count for the models, a big flag was thrown. Just because a head stamp doesn't show excess stress, flat primers, blown primers or bulges doesn't necessarily mean it's safe shoot.

The 180 grain is the heavy weight of the .40 S&W family and much easier to damage a gun from excessive pressure than with a lighter bullet. I would be very wary of these rounds after two failures in such short order. At minimum I would have the rounds checked by at least the factory. They will need the information off the box (lot#’s).

Just shoot 165grn and dont shoot federal anymore. Make a trip to Smyrna and tell them what happened and take the ammo as suggested and let them fix you up. you make just walk out with two brand new pistols.

Man, I've shot a ton of Federal AND a ton of 180 grain. None of my Glocks nor either of my Kahrs have EVER had a problem with either Federal or 180 grain. You got some bad ammo..IMO. I tell ya, let the good folks in Smyrna look them over and take some of the brass and ammo with you. They should be able to steer you right. If somethings breaking Glocks I bet they will care at least as much as you.

if I wasn't disabled and braces on both legs that would be a good trip, but with braces on both legs its kinda hard to do...now if one of you nice fellows want to do a road trip :)

Just shoot 165grn and dont shoot federal anymore. Make a trip to Smyrna and tell them what happened and take the ammo as suggested and let them fix you up. you make just walk out with two brand new pistols.

if I wasn't disabled and braces on both legs that would be a good trip, but with braces on both legs its kinda hard to do...now if one of you nice fellows want to do a road trip :)

HOLY COW! That WOULD be a bit of a drive. Sorry to hear you are giving up on Glock. I've had such good luck with them that I can't really feel comfortable carrying much else. Give Glock a call. 770-432-1202. Ask for an armorer and explain the situation. Maybe they will be able to help or at least advise on the phone. I have a lot of confidence in them. Best of luck with whatever you decide.

I shoot reloads, cast bullets, cold loads, extremely hot loads, all factory g34 4th gen. It's mechanical, just like a 200,000 dollar car. Everything breaks. Glock made all the parts cheap enough and easy to replace by any idiot at home for a reason, that's why I gave up on cz, sig, xd, etc.

Give Glock a call. 770-432-1202. Ask for an armorer and explain the situation. Maybe they will be able to help or at least advise on the phone. I have a lot of confidence in them. Best of luck with whatever you decide.

And if you do, don't forget to give us an update.

Back
Top Bottom